• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

CBBC pet week complain PLEASE!

hello i am new to this forum
but i agree totally with what you say i have 21 animal combination of rabbits and guinea pigs some i have fostered and kept others my friends have bought and not wanted.
I was flicking thru a copy of a glossy magazine elle to be precise and to my horror i saw that lionhead rabbits are in fashion! i breed these beutiful buns and i have had hundreds of calls asking for pets but i have refused to let them go to homes that wont look after them.
How are pet rabbits fashion items they are beautiful creatures who dont need to be carried around in designer bags and shown off to people.
it really gets my goat!

We had class room gpig years ago, and it was my turn to look after him (as pupils took it in turns every week). I thought that was so cruel to have this poor gpig have to stay at different people’s house every week. But it died at our house for some unknown reason – I was only 5 years old at the time and felt so embarrassed when I had to tell the teacher – I thought Id be in big trouble :shock: :shock: :shock: !!! The teacher told my mum that the gpig was OLD!! Poor thing. :cry:

Toby said:
We had class room gpig years ago, and it was my turn to look after him (as pupils took it in turns every week). I thought that was so cruel to have this poor gpig have to stay at different people’s house every week. But it died at our house for some unknown reason – I was only 5 years old at the time and felt so embarrassed when I had to tell the teacher – I thought Id be in big trouble :shock: :shock: :shock: !!! The teacher told my mum that the gpig was OLD!! Poor thing. :cry:

I know, I've never agreed with that. We had gerbils at our school, poor things must have been constantly on edge - no wonder they never live long in schools when different children get to take them home each week and they get poked and prodded and stared at all day long for their entire existance. :cry:

We used to have gpigs and rabbits when i was at primary school, and i always thought it was cruel cause my pig when i was little (peanuts) was always out and about ib his run and we used to bring him in the house and play with him, but the pets at school just got ignored or terrorised!!

We had two gerbils at my middle school i think it was.. I remember bringing them home a few times for school holidays.. they were albino and called Pinky and Perky :lol: I dont actually remember doing anything with them at school tho.. they were just there in a tank :?

Back