• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cat brought in a baby wildie...alive

lildebs

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone :wave:
Hope all is good with RU :love: so my cat (yes I have a new addition to my zoo) brought home a little baby rabbit not so long ago...it's alive with no visible injuries as yet..I didn't want to stress it out too much but appears to be moving about ok. Currently in a plastic box filled with hay..mushed up pellets..water and bit of corriander in a spare hutch in bed area.
A friend estimates 5/6wk old. I haven't handled it except for putting it in box but used a towel...I'm aware of fleas and obv disease..
I have all natural foods no prob..oat hay..and I believe kitten/goats milk is needed and some donated special poops off my buns...which they never leave! But I need advice on the way forward ...shall I release it or try to raise it? :?

Thanks Deb Bella, Fluff, Tia, Eeshe, norty Vinnie, and wildie now called 'snatch' :roll::lol: x

I always released the wild rabbits my cat brought back if they were uninjured as I new where my cat got them from.

Hope the little bunny makes it.

Do you know where little buns nest is? :wave:

No I've no idea...I have spoke to vet and they advise to hold onto him ..until stronger before releasing. I have checked him over ..couple of scratches but no puncture wounds..no signs of fleas or myxi..I have created a natural habitat in top tier of a spare hutch and treated bun with a flea preventative for small animals such as gerbils and bought milks supplement.

Back