• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Someone Explain the P@H Adoption Centre to me Please ?

It's not encouraging breeding to just sell animals to someone who wants to breed. It's just accepting it. To encourage it would be to put up a sign that says "breed them and get some extra cute babies!"

My manager Encourages breeding :evil::evil:
So im sure pets at home do aswel, so they can get in babies :evil::evil:

:cry::cry:

I have just taken two Guinea Pigs in via the RSPCA that came from P@H 2 females and 1 male. P@H didn't make a mistake with the sexes the fella said he wanted to watch them breed:shock: and they sold them to him. Hamster cages were also sold to him for them to live in. I know have 1 male & 2 females and the daughter of the pair is pregnant by her father:roll:.
So it is nice to see that some branches encourage breeding:evil:

Perhaps the 'gentleman' in question lied to get the pigs?
No store encourages breeding.

Jane all i have ever seen in our local one (apart from the petshop 5) are PAH stock buns that no one wanted! I made the mistake of going in there on saturday and saw those 2 rexes i can't believe one was being kept in the middle section it must be nearly suffocating in there and the hamsters all looked terribly ill it was so hot :cry:

That store gets worse every time i go in when i was being served (i brought a drinks bottle!) the girl on the till was just totally ignoring me and chatting to her colleague about what she was going to do that night :roll:

Jane all i have ever seen in our local one (apart from the petshop 5) are PAH stock buns that no one wanted! I made the mistake of going in there on saturday and saw those 2 rexes i can't believe one was being kept in the middle section it must be nearly suffocating in there and the hamsters all looked terribly ill it was so hot :cry:

That store gets worse every time i go in when i was being served (i brought a drinks bottle!) the girl on the till was just totally ignoring me and chatting to her colleague about what she was going to do that night :roll:

I know Katie. No-one in that branch gives a damn about the animals.
Those poor Rexes were flat out and breathing really fast today :cry: They looked so hot and miserable :cry:

My Wilm is a P@H adoption bunny, he was 2 years old when I got him and did come from a local rescue, so I was told! My others have all been rescues though. Our local branch does occasionally sell unwanted 'stock' but it is usually animals being rehomed.

Both our PAH bunnies were unwanted stock they couldn't sell :cry: Barney our bridge bun was told old to be with the babies & we were told he needeed to be kept on his own as he was agressive :roll: That was complete rubbish - he only needed neutering :?

Jake was 'damaged' stock because another bun had tried to bite his nose off so they couldn't sell him :cry:

Our local store sometimes has unsold stock an the adoption centre. Animals never stick round the adoption centre long, but I don't know what their advice or criteria is like. They did get some dead fish out of one of the tanks I pointed out.

I was there the other day and they had a hamster in their adoption centre labelled "I'm here because all my brothers and sisters got sold, i am the only one left"

no lie.

:?

Our local p@h take in alot of their staff's unwanted litters (of their animals not their own kids haha) and we have seen the baby guinea pigs from our last house and the baby rat families from our last house in their now :( Luckily we know the piggies went to good homes not that the owner does :(. Our p@h sometimes has old stock and normally list all their pets in AC as "coz nobody loves me." They work closely with the cheltenham small animal rescue too as does the cheltenham branch.

Back