• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

By Jove I Think We've Cracked It!-UPDATE P@H +burgess forage

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:? As a result of the below post, I now have 3/4 of a bag of P@H timothy hay and 2/3 of a bag of burgess super forrage free to a good home. I don't want to just throw it away so if anyone has buns who eat either of the above, let me know and I will happily send it to you. :D :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D :D :D I'm sooo happy!! For those of you who didn't already know (I've posted about it often enough!!). I have spent the last 18 month trying to get my darling little bunster to munch on his hay! For some rabbits (including my other one) this is not a problem whatsoever, but my lil' man wouldn't touch the stuff!! :roll:

We'd tried everything from cheapy meadow hay, to expensive timothy hay, oxbow hay, super burgess "rabbit's will love it" forrage hay. I've spent an utter fortune on uneaten hay, to the extent that I've grown a mini grass garden in the rabbit's pen (in my room!?) as a substitute. :shock:

Anyways, my rabbit learnt the hard way last week as he had to be put under aneasthetic to have a spur burred down on his back left molar. :?

When we went back for his check up the nurse praised me for the type of diet my rabbits were on (mainly fresh herbs and veg with a small hald handfull of pelets for "sunshine vitamins"). I said I was actually quite embarrassed because my rabbit "wouldn't" eat hay, so it wasn't that great a diet. :oops:

She said that one of her rabbits was the same and that she had tried everything. Then one day she happened to try something that she wasn't expecting to work but did. So, today, I took her advice and trundled on down to Sainsburys - yes Sainsburys the supermarket! They do a small (only small I'm afraid) block of meadow hay there by a company called "Bob Martin". I bought it with the hope that it may work, brought it home, around 4 oclock filled their food bowls with the stuff, and they both went mad for it. :eek: It's now all gone!!! :D :D :D I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, but if you are having problems like I am then it might be worth a go, you cannot believe how relieved I am to have finally cracked it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

buns.jpg

I get that stuff from sainsburys both smokie and archie go mad for it, as soon as put i their trays down they are in eatign

Thats great, well done for persaveiring. I wonder whether shop bought hay on the whole from pet shops is just too old and tasteless? val

:lol: :lol:

It's true, they love the stuff, I can't for the life of me imagine why, but it's all gone, it'ss the first time Travis has ever had more that a mouthful of hay before turning his nose up and hopping off!!!! But I am so so happy to have finally found something he'll eat!!!! :D :D

buns.jpg

Well I bought some today as I have the fussiest bun when it comes to hay!! And she turned her nose up at that too!! Aaarhh!!! The only thing she will eat are the hay blocks, and rather expensive ones at that! :lol:

nicolar said:
Well I bought some today as I have the fussiest bun when it comes to hay!! And she turned her nose up at that too!! Aaarhh!!! The only thing she will eat are the hay blocks, and rather expensive ones at that! :lol:

Charlie was like this until I started feeding him Timothy Grass and now he wolfs that down like theres no tomorrow. Have you tried it? I'll send you a bag stuffed full if you like, I did this with Madysmum and now Mady goes crazy for it too.

I've now got to the point with my two where they won't leave me alone when I'm cleaning their cage out as they know they'll get timmy hay soon (their hay rack is filled full of meadow hay with a massive handful of timmy hay on top, and one on the floor). So there I am now every day trying to clean their dog crate out with them in it getting all excited and running around in circles! :shock:

Yep we have Timothy hay (from WWW and the Chinchilla site), meadow hay and dried grass + various other types!! I'm thinking of buying the hay that they make the hay cubes from, as she will eat them but not sure if she will eat it when it's normal, if you see what I mean! Thanks for the kind offer of the hay though!

Any other ideas kindly received!!!! :D

Nicola

Re: By Jove I Think We've Cracked It!-UPDATE P@H +burgess fo

:? As a result of the above post, I now have 3/4 of a bag of P@H timothy hay and 2/3 of a bag of burgess super forrage free to a good home. I don't want to just throw it away so if anyone has buns who eat either of the above, let me know and I will happily send it to you. :D :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

buns.jpg

I also have a rabbit who doesn't like hay - found the Bob Martins only last week and bought it, but he wouldn't eat it!! :roll: Back to square one - I have found a local stockist of ReadiGrass but they only supply it in enormous bales so I'm going to give Spillers a ring to see if they will send me a sample.
Jane

Back