• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns with dodgy tummies

With Buster I think it's a combo of things. Mainly because I was ill over xmas he didn't get his usual amount of exercise. His veg has been hit and missed. Also he was traumatised by my auntie's eldest son throwing marbles at him the little :censored: thankfully he is absolutely fine tonight but is in his pen next to my bed with 2 pieces of vet bed - one each side of pen. One has a hot water bottle under it and a blanket above to keep the draft off him the other has his bridge on and there is some exposed plastic in the middle in case he needs to cool down. How he would cope outside I don't know:lol:

Hope I don't jinx myself, but..........

Casey is acting much brighter tonight. :D

She hadn't eaten anything when I went home at lunchtime, so I popped her in a dog crate indoors and fed her some fibreplex. Poor little bun looked so depressed. Then suddenly at about 9pm this evening she suddenly started eating. We haven't had any proper poops yet, but I'm hopeful. If not we might have a trip to the vets tomorrow morning.

Amy

:wave: well boxing day for three days i had all 4 buns with upset tums..yup even willow and bertie frenchie buns who eat anything!
They had just began to pick up new years eve when suddnely if unbonded from willow and thats another story..but i did notice they were all depressed or off colour but not ill..i put it down to what happened with bif. now the trio are running wild but they arent as bouncy as usual but then ive been sleeping all over the place with depression following run up to and xmas and esp with bunny unbonding.

Now theyve picked up eating and hay munching and drinking like fish as usual.

Bif is pooing wonderfully but yesterday i found string of poos and a lump of wot looked like soft poo and fur but was hard and weird shaped. worst of all her food eating had decreased even further even tho id reduced her pelet intake anyway....and there were some weeny weeny poos like her usual go stasis..her soft poos are still being done but only a few left. Shes hardly herself due to whats happened but its weird its affected all buns..must be the screaming winds and rain..even for house buns who get het up at the noise.

doesnt everyone find january a bit of an odd month anyway and downs for us is common at this time of year.and we know it rubs off on the buns.

cant have too much fibreplex..bif had two tubes one after the other and now shes on bio lapis for 3 weeks everyday in her water.

maybe the hay tastes different i dont know...but so many uns at the same time..its odd isnt it?

Casey is still eating today, and has done some small hard poops :D

I was wondering whether to take her to the vets, but decided that a sudden upset like that might send her back to not eating, so I'm gonna wait and see what she's like when I get home tonight.

Amy

My lot often have tummy trouble, particularly Smokey.

They've been checked out so many times and there doesn't seem to be any cause with them. Sometimes I wonder if it is poor/over breeding that has made them more prone to it.

I had to rush my Munch to the vet last week as he had bloat. He's still not pooing properly (still small) but after a night at the vets & nearly a week later he's doing a lot better.

Incidently my vet (who's wonderful with buns) said that at the last rabbit lecture he attended they now believe that a fur ball in the gut is the result of gut stasis & not the cause.

Im now giving Munch a small piece of pineapple every day as the acid helps break down the furball

Isaac had stasis a couple of weeks back - I was big time panicked- as this boy has a cast iron stomach and has never had trouble in the whole time I havve had him... Madam on the other hand always has problems :roll: and when the weather is wet shes terrible! :? it started last night and she didnt start eating again til this morning :( - even the medication I have from the vets -*cos she has it a lot* took a bit longer to work.

Back