• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Proofing and preparing for permanent free range NEED ADVICE

Hi everyone! I posted asking if i should really consider free ranging my bunnies, and everyone said yes. So, please help me if you can. I did some research, and found out that i should introduce the big space slowly and gradually. So, my concerns are: they constantly chew on my wood furniture, and i am afraid they are going to chew up every corner, window and table. I need an easy fix because i am not a building and screwing-on type so do you have any bunny proofing ideas that are like easy. Also, if some things worked for you when you bunny proofed, please let me know. :thumb:
Also, how gradually should i introduce the space to them. And also, the main reason i am doing this is because i move almost every year, and so when i move again and again, i don't want to buy them new cages, plus I'm afraid i wont be able to get them as big of a cage as they have right now. So i feel like this is necessary. Plus i think it should be more fun for them. Also, my whole place is an apartment with an OK living room, normal sized bedroom, bathroom with bathtub and kitchen is the hallway. So it should be plenty of space for them. Except, how many litter boxes should i have? And i don't usually let them in my room when they free range, because they dig the carpet and chew everything. I dont usually let them in the bathroom because they pee and poo in theree. So maybe two litter boxes, for bathroom and their cage? Because for as long as they will be living in this house or apartment, i will keep their cage in case they want to go back in. Even if they are very used to free ranging. So please help, any advice, thank you

Puppy pens are good for fencing off items of furniture or electrical items, there's lots of examples of bunny proofing in the housing sticky :thumb: I would provide as many litter trays as there are places that they regularly go to the toilet, you may be able to reduce the number of trays in time. I would provide lots of safe chewing things like bunny safe twigs, toys etc

Back