• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny palace (shed and aviary run) In progress - PIC HEAVY!

Thanks parsnipbun, but I think it's actually in Burford which is still about 30 miles away - but they might serve Banbury, worth a look :)

What an awesome setup :love:

Many rescues on RU for example rehome nationally and bunny runs can often be arranged, so all is not lost :)

I do have two very loving and docile and lovable buns for adoption at present -

Cornelius Fudge and Albus Dumbledore

They need a good home with space, love, hay, and somewhere to really run around as they spent the first five years of their life in a small hutch.

They adore their weeds and their hay.

They are a very very loved up boy boy couple and I would not like to add any other buns to them

They will go up on Rabbits in Need as soon as I have some nice photos.

They are vaccinated and will be insured.

Hi, just wanted to say your set up is fab. We rehome nationally and I can say without hesitation your set up would pass with flying colours! I have a lovely couple of boys called Hughy and Louie who have been waiting 12 months for a home. They came in at 10 weeks and are brothers - I think the reason they stuck is because Louie is a REW and for some reason that is not a popular colour! Also, they are in a wendy house with attached run and then a runaround tube to another run and I just couldn't let them go to a normal hutch/run set up as it seems so mean from what they are used to. Heres a pic...
HughyLouis.jpg

Louis.jpg

Hughy-1.jpg

As a further temptation (!) - I have just taken in 5 x 4 week old kits that are fluffy lionheads - not ready until about 5 weeks time but will be adorable and deserve a palace like yours...

3kits.jpg

I am not opposed to a bit of a drive to get my buns in to a good home so let me know if you are interested! You are only about 1 1/2 hours from me so not a huge distance!

Nicola

I'm in Banbury, Oxfordshire. Thanks for all the nice comments guys :) I've nicked a few ideas from other sheds on here,

I work in Bicester and come past Banbury most weeks, and I volunteer for Fat Fluffs Rescue in Solihull, so if you spot any buns on their website (www.fatfluffs.com) and wanted some help getting the bunnies to you then I am more than happy to help.:wave:

Yay! Bunny offers! Thanks very much - i love pictures of bunnies, though not sure i could commit to all the grooming of the lionhead babies.

I have actually been in touch with fatfluffs, as you can get a train from banbury to solihull, so could make a day trip to meet the buns, but didnt't think they'd like the train journey. would be amazing to have a volunteer drive them down. Do you do homechecks too?

Thanks so much, i'm amazed at the kindness and dedication all you rescues show! I feel much more positive now.

Have cleaned and cleared up the 13x6 patio run, and have protected the couple of pipes we have exposed with cage mesh.

photo-59.jpg

photo-60.jpg

See my lovely pile of logs? - it's willow. You can also just about see my 1m digging pit at the bottom, is waiting for a base, some edging - and of course some soil!

Thank you :) :wave:

I'm hoping it's a fortress really - Don't want any bunnies getting out, or any foxes or cats getting in.

will you be putting a 'lid' on the meshed area?

Otherwise it wont be fox proof -

or will they only be there when you are watching?

Yes, I have bought some 'predator proof' plastic mesh, I think it's designed for protecting goldfish from herons though. It will certainly stop cats from jumping down, and birds of prey etc, but I'm not sure about foxes, so have been looking at scent deterrents, and those plastic wall spikes. have a motion sensor light etc...

Does anyone have any ideas?

We live in the centre of town, behind a car park, and in front of a main road with a lot of light, and I haven't seen any foxes nearby yet - though I know they will be around if they smell bunny. our 'garden' is the only one in the street, everyone else's is a drive at the back of the house so I wouldn't think it's a common hanging out space for mr. fox.

It is something I'm concerned about, and I'd like to get a pergola over the whole thing really, which I could then put cage mesh on top which would be sturdy, safe and pretty., The problem is because its outside our house, we didn't want chicken wire over the top, making us feel caged in, but maybe that's the best idea.

It's the last thing to be done... because I'm the least confident about it!

I'm thinking chicken wire/weld mesh over the top now, or... seriously... am looking up electric fences on ebay... saw it on a chicken forum! That'll keep the fox away!

I'm thinking chicken wire/weld mesh over the top now, or... seriously... am looking up electric fences on ebay... saw it on a chicken forum! That'll keep the fox away!

Definitely have a mesh roof. You have gone to sooo much effort, can just tell these buns are going to have an amazing life , would be devastating if a fox got in.

You will have no problem getting some rabbits. That set up is excellent :thumb:

Ok, will get out to wilkinsons / ebay and mesh it all up properly will. Will start the mesh a little lower than the top of the wall, so hopefully will make it harder for a fox to get their teeth into it. It's silly to just hope we don't get foxes coming round, I just wasn't thinking too much about it.

Back