• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny palace (shed and aviary run) In progress - PIC HEAVY!

Yay! Bunny offers! Thanks very much - i love pictures of bunnies, though not sure i could commit to all the grooming of the lionhead babies.

I have actually been in touch with fatfluffs, as you can get a train from banbury to solihull, so could make a day trip to meet the buns, but didnt't think they'd like the train journey. would be amazing to have a volunteer drive them down. Do you do homechecks too?

Thanks so much, i'm amazed at the kindness and dedication all you rescues show! I feel much more positive now.

Hiya, yes I do Homechecks as well, so happy to pop in one evening after work. Just mention to whoever you speak to at Fat Fluffs that you have spoken to Alison and she is happy to do the homecheck for you, as I mostly do them near where I live in Rugby.:wave:

ETA : If you want my help with getting anything organised just PM me as I don't get onto the forum every day x

Last edited:
Well, it's finished :) there's a thread in rabbit chat atm with pictures of my new rabbits.

We went for a really thick but widely spaced fencing panel to mesh over the top - no fox is going to bite through that!

photo-71.jpg

photo-61.jpg

photo-70.jpg

photo-69.jpg

This is my lovely digging pit with a little tunnel hidey space :)

photo-68.jpg

photo-67.jpg

photo-72.jpg

Oh alright.. here they are: poppy and peter (might be changing those... we'll see.)

photo-62.jpg

Thank you very much - it's been a lot of hard work (mostly my darling husbands labor, I just point and direct!), I'm just so happy to finally have bunnies. Shame I have to go to work all week, could quite happily stare out the window at them all day.

I have a very similar garden (well at least the bit you have put aviary doors to!) and would love to recreate your set up! My buns currently live in a playhouse with attached run but I can't see them from the house and this would be amazing! How did you fix the aviary panels to the brick wall (we rent) and how did you attach the mesh? :wave:

They are just screwed into the wall, put in the raw plugs first, drill hole through the wood and wall, and screw in :), just tell the landlord that when you leave you'll make sure the holes are all filled in nicely and their shouldn't be a problem. we rent too, but it's a bit different as it's a very very long term let, I'm not sure I'd have done it all if we had to move again in a year - it's taken a lot of work!

It's a lot more space efficient and secure, They can have a bigger run rather than trying to squeeze in a run and having to leave room for us to walk past it.

thats so great - really love the fact that the buns will be able to interact with you and they have height to bibky too! LOVE the logs and dig box and how easy will it be to clean too...just a sweep! Really great! :wave:

well, it's been a very quit couple of days - I've basically left them to it. Was a bit concerned about the girl poppy, as she was always sitting in the litter box whenever I checked in on them - have spent a bit of time having lap cuddles today (wowee!) and I think she was scared of the runaround tunnel - have managed to get her through it this evening and had a lovely half hour sat out in the run with both of them running about and digging (making a mess! But it is easy to sweep up).

The girl is much fatter than the boy, not sure how you put a bunny on a diet really - will ask the vet what he thinks when they get their booster jabs.

It's so lovely, keep popping my head out of the window and seeing bunnies :)

What a fantastic set up! Definitely one of the nicest I have seen! :)

RE the over weight bunny.... Tell me what you feed them :wave:

I love this set up so much - well done to your husband and you for pointing and directing :oops::lol: ( sounds like me and mine :lol:)

Awww what gorgeous buns, they do not know how lucky they are :love::love::love:

Georgeypudding - thanks, re, podgy bun, she's actually looking less podgy, They have been moulting loads and this helps to make her look slim.

But so far I they have unlimited access to hay, have meadow hay and some yummy expensive posh petal hay mix, (which they gobbled all up) They then have a couple of handfuls of readigrass type stuff in the shed, I sprinkle a handful of pellets all over the shed and run for them to share each morning, and then in the evening they are getting a handful of greens (this week they've had dandelion, fresh grass, coriander and dill - yum yum!). They've also been shredding bark off the logs I gave them - that must be good for their teeth!

I think before they had pellets in a bowl, and not as much room to run around, whereas now they have permanent access, and poppy has started to run around a lot more. I think by spreading the food out a lot more she's got more incentive to move, whereas she did just spend the first couple of days here in bed.

My husband appreciates the compliment - The bunnies owe him a present apparently :D

Back