• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny in house ?

It's so strange how Jbun and booboobunny say that Dwarf bunnies are the least likely to 'cuddle' and like being handled the least as out of the three of my bunnies my Nethie is the cuddliest and always runs up to me for head rubs and snuggles. He especially does this when at the vets when he's on the vets table and always jumps up into my arms bless him :love: It does sound like I'm very lucky and that this is quite rare in Dwarf bunnies though so I actually feel quite special now[emoji38]

I'm having a right chuckle at the responses to the OP's inquiry. He comes on a rabbit forum to get advise about getting a pet rabbit, and we(rabbit owners) are essentially trying to discourage him from getting one. You would think we know something that the rest of the world doesn't know... that despite their cute adorable appearance, rabbits are a pain in the butt to have as a pet and can make a horrible pet.... So I wonder why we all have them as our pets and like or even love them. I guess this means they must have some redeeming virtues :lol:

I was thinking this too! It almost sounds as if we wished we hadn't got bunnies or something like that hahaha. That's definitely not the case though of course, they are my babies and wouldn't change anything about them [emoji4] I guess it's just because we know how often they are mistreated simply because people are unaware of how to properly care for them (not deliberately) and so we don't want the same to happen to any other bunnies.

Haha never mind them being mistreated. I'm only giving you the negatives because i get mistreated by my bunny!! Although saying that we've played for most of the day and she's currently lying on me watching Luther. Bunnies are mostly amazing pets to be fair and I'm glad i have an indoor bunny who's so friendly and who loves to snuggle and play.

Last edited:
Haha never mind them being mistress. I'm only giving you the negatives because i get mistreated by my bunny!! Although saying that we've played for most of the day and she's currently lying on me watching Luther.
She obviously doesn't agree with your choice of care. Like, cleaning her litter trays and not letting her eat pellets all day every day? That is just pure evil![emoji6]

I jave 7 house rabbits - and they all totally vary as to their desire to be petted, their interaction, and their toilet training!!!

Its all down to the individual!

She obviously doesn't agree with your choice of care. Like, cleaning her litter trays and not letting her eat pellets all day every day? That is just pure evil![emoji6]

This is true. Maybe it's me not her. How dare i try and be clean and tidy and make her play instead of sit there and get fat [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I actually find Guinea Pigs easy to look after and very easy to handle.

I have never had a rabbit who enjoyed being picked up but Louie would sit for hours on the floor having fusses from us.

It's so strange how Jbun and booboobunny say that Dwarf bunnies are the least likely to 'cuddle' and like being handled the least as out of the three of my bunnies my Nethie is the cuddliest and always runs up to me for head rubs and snuggles. He especially does this when at the vets when he's on the vets table and always jumps up into my arms bless him :love: It does sound like I'm very lucky and that this is quite rare in Dwarf bunnies though so I actually feel quite special now[emoji38]

You are sooo lucky! I would love for my dwarf buns to be friendly and snuggly. It's not like it's due to lack of socialization. I raised them since birth. They have had loads of attention... and used to like it until they became teenagers. Maybe that's it, they're too spoiled.

To be fair, momma bun is somewhat friendly, friendlier than her babies. And half of them do like head rubs, but only when they are all tired out, and I have to come to them. I would love for one of them to just plop down by me and want head rubs. Oh, the life of a rabbit slave :lol:

Haha I thought that as well about how we were all being really negative, that's why I wanted to post about how cute mine are! Even though they do get hay everywhere! I didn't realise before we got bunnies how entertaining they would be, this evening I have just sat and watched them and moved their toys around for them (so that they can pick them up and put them back where they want them, thank you very much...) for ages :)

You are sooo lucky! I would love for my dwarf buns to be friendly and snuggly. It's not like it's due to lack of socialization. I raised them since birth. They have had loads of attention... and used to like it until they became teenagers. Maybe that's it, they're too spoiled.

To be fair, momma bun is somewhat friendly, friendlier than her babies. And half of them do like head rubs, but only when they are all tired out, and I have to come to them. I would love for one of them to just plop down by me and want head rubs. Oh, the life of a rabbit slave :lol:
The weirdest part is that is was neglected by his previous owner for the first 9 months of his life and he is only 11 months old now! I do feel exceptionally lucky that he is so affectionate, I like to think that it's because he knows I'm the one that has rescued him from his previous life and that he is thanking me for it [emoji4]

Back