• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies and doggies in harmony?

Ours boys (our dogs) & our house rabbit (s) are allowed together & spend time with one another in & outside.
Toby & Bayley - both now sadly at rainbow bridge, were devoted to one another

88281a533c8b6a1712290cd0ce509b7e_zps8ec40ee0.jpg

e330703e7f40e4d52016efa0f54608e6_zps574c7c3f.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality, old phone

Last edited:
Ours boys (our dogs) & our house rabbit (s) are allowed together & spend time with one another in & outside.
Toby & Bayley - both now sadly at rainbow bridge, we're devoted to one another

88281a533c8b6a1712290cd0ce509b7e_zps8ec40ee0.jpg

e330703e7f40e4d52016efa0f54608e6_zps574c7c3f.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality, old phone

Oh what lovely photos. Looks all cosy. My doggie is called Toby too:D and your sooty bunny is exactly like Binx. They look so sweet snuggled up. I wish I could work the phot think, im struggling registering photobucket grrr! Thanks for sharing xx

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has pet dogs and house buns who are out at the same time?

Binx pen is in my livingroom so my dogs quickly got used to seeing him. The novelty soon wore off for Toby and Roxy. I never thought having them out at the same time would ever be a reality, but I followed my vets advice to regularly take the dogs in on there lead when Binx was out of his pen. Initially they were inquisitive and waggly tails, sniffing him and following him about the room. I was very careful to always have a strong grip incase their prey drive kicked in. Binx I have to say is amazing. He was never bothered for the doggies at all, never ran away scared, just carried on his very important exploring business. I think this was good in that he never ran scared from them, so they never chased. Then there was 2 occasions where the baby gate was accidentally left open and one of my dogs walked in while Binx was out and both times the dogs were so uninterested in him, but we quicky took them out with many strokes and pats on the head. So this evening I had a good gut instinct so while Binx was out I took each dog in one at a time, with no lead, and observed from wherever Binx went what was going on. Roxy my Russell ***** greeted Binx as a member of the family, he binkied and she waggled her tail then sat and inched her ear, I gave her lots of praise. Then Toby my Russell boy came in and I stayed by Binx, Toby sniffed around eating up any droppings, had a sniff of Binx then sat with paw for a treat from me.

I must say I would never get comfortable, im always on guard for inbred instinct motivation signs, and id never put any of them at risk. I would never leave any of them alone together unsupervised. But I think im going to keep doing this for short bursts. Both my Russells are middle aged (7 and 8) so maybe that plays a part, and they are both spayed and neutered. They are also very obedient through years of reward training, they love praise and pleasing me.

Has anyone any nice success stories to tell?

Please no negative comments.:D
My bunny and dogs awe all ways out
7bf33aad95ade6b3a4bec7f96329094e_zps6b9a9f09.jpg
image_zps4b77083e.jpg
this is gizmo and vinney partners in crime lol they get on so good ;)

Last edited:
Back