• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buddy has lost his Brother Teddy

maxi

Young Bun
:(Hello Everyone i have not been on the Forum for a while so i hope everyone and Bunnies are well On friday i lost my beautful boy Teddy:cry: he was nearly 7 years old i am writing this crying such a shock well his brother buddy is on is own they are house Rabbits Buddy is nearly blind so i am really worried about him as he always rely on Teddy he is not useing his litter tray i am wondering its to high for him to jump in to does anyone have any ideas on another litter tray i was thinking of a one with a low side its only been a few days since Teddy passing i dont know what to do Buddy is eating and doing everything he should be doing i have put a soft toy and a warm hot water bottle in the cage Buddy was never coming out of his cage he was happy being chilled out in the cage I dont really want to buy another bunnie as it is to painful when they pass over I want to my best for Buddy i look in his cage and he looks so sad i live his cage open all day please can anyone help me Thanks xx

Last edited:
I’m so sorry you lost Teddy :cry: you could use a low sided potting tray tidy like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stewart-23...ocphy=1006614&hvtargid=pla-422018993930&psc=1 or a Plastic dog bed without Drainage holes in. You could offer him apple sticks to chew on and chill and chew mats to sit and chew on for enrichment. When you feel ready a rescue would probably be able to suggest a suitable friend for him, and may be able to help with bonding.

Thinking of you xx

I can't really add anything helpful to what Zoobec posted, but just wanted to say how sorry I am that you and Buddy have lost Teddy.:cry:

Really sorry to hear that you have lost your bunny Teddy, they leave such a bunny shaped hole in our hearts when they have to leave us. I used a low sided under bed storage box lined with newspaper and hay top for my bunny as she got older. Hugs for you and Buddy xx

I am so sorry you and Buddy lost Teddy. Buddy will be grieving too so his eating and drinking is good.
The loss of a beloved bunny can be painful. Take time to process your loss so you can think clearly before making decisions. While none of our bunnies can be replaced, sometimes we find a way to make room for a bunny in need. A rescue may have an older bunny to bond with Buddy if that is something you would consider.

I have litterboxex that are low on one side. They are smaller than normal and being low, litter /poo sometimes gets scattered. With Buddy being blind a ramp may not work. In the past I cut one side of cardboard box low as a disposable litterbox.

I am so sorry you and Buddy lost Teddy. Buddy will be grieving too so his eating and drinking is good.
The loss of a beloved bunny can be painful. Take time to process your loss so you can think clearly before making decisions. While none of our bunnies can be replaced, sometimes we find a way to make room for a bunny in need. A rescue may have an older bunny to bond with Buddy if that is something you would consider.

I have litterboxex that are low on one side. They are smaller than normal and being low, litter /poo sometimes gets scattered. With Buddy being blind a ramp may not work. In the past I cut one side of cardboard box low as a disposable litterbox.

Hello Bunnymomma Thanks for getting back to me Teddy has only be dead a few days but what a big hole in my heart he has left me i have been looking on Amazon for smaller litter trays i will look for a a low side box i have asked to have Teddy Individual cremation and get him back in a few weeks time and he will be back home i worry more about Buddy so up every few hours in the night checking on him he is such a lovely Bunnies love to you and your bunnies

Was talking about litter trays I thought about puppies pads has any one used them for there Rabbits I have bought a open front litter tray off Amazon Buddy and I spent a hour in his Garden pen today and he loved it my husband built it so I can sit in it with him thanks to everyone 🐰🐰

Was talking about litter trays I thought about puppies pads has any one used them for there Rabbits I have bought a open front litter tray off Amazon Buddy and I spent a hour in his Garden pen today and he loved it my husband built it so I can sit in it with him thanks to everyone ����

Puppy pads can be OK but some Rabbits will try to chew them and eat them. So it depends on if Buddy would do that or not.

Back