• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breezeblock shed.

Curious1

Young Bun
Hi, im considering insulating the roof on a shed I have out my garden made out of breezeblock, and using this for my rabbits, I would obviously add levels off the floor just incase the concrete floor (which I will cover with lino gets too cold and have some form of catflap in the door leading to a secure outside run on my patio.

Does this sound like it would be a suitable idea or would the shed need further insulating?

I would add a small enclosed sleeping area such as a small hutch or run shelter. That way they can snuggle up when it's cold but other than that your plans sound great :D

My dad has just built us a breeze block shed, not for the buns though :( my OH insulated the roof and it is so warm inside on cold days, and on hot days it is nice and cool.:)

Thanks a lot -im excited to get the new project underway now :)

Do you happen to know what was used to insulate your shed roof by the way?

Back