• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding Ruby

I get annoyed with people saying this too -- of it being the automatic assumption that if you have a pet you should breed it. I feel the same way about dogs -- I have friends who are keeping their dogs intact because they're "too nice/good natured/friendly/beautiful" to castrate/spay.
So what?! Are they the world's only friendly/nice dog?!

Being a new rabbit owner I don't want to breed but would like to show. I was told last night tho that I can't show a neutered rabbit?! I haven't found this on the BRC website yet so not 100% but if it's true, I'm shocked, and saddened.

Being a new rabbit owner I don't want to breed but would like to show. I was told last night tho that I can't show a neutered rabbit?! I haven't found this on the BRC website yet so not 100% but if it's true, I'm shocked, and saddened.

you cannot show a neutered rabbit in proper show classes, yet you can show a neutered rabbit in the pet classes:)

I'm always being asked when Rimmi and Winters babies are due, then I explain that they are both done and I get "oh, that's a shame, they would have cute babies, I would have had one, can it be reversed?" *shocked face* I k ow they'd be beautiful but I would never be able to let any babies go anyways! Lol. X

I'm always being asked when Rimmi and Winters babies are due, then I explain that they are both done and I get "oh, that's a shame, they would have cute babies, I would have had one, can it be reversed?" *shocked face* I k ow they'd be beautiful but I would never be able to let any babies go anyways! Lol. X

Just thought Id say...your siggy is getting rather full!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

But surely if it was a neutered doe no-one would know unless you told them :)

well yes I guess so unless they could see a scar.
breeders though would want to breed off a rabbit that is doing well in showing, . Also the rabbit would have to be rung. and i think its against the BRC rules

Yup I get it too... and even if I wasn't against breeding pets what sort of deranged person would breed from a rabbit with genetic teeth problems... People are stupid.

Same with everything.
Two of the mares a top rider was working last year broke. A women who she knew said "Oh well, atleast they were mares"
I was actually sick to my stomach and full of anger. I could've quite easily taken her to the carpet...well grass.
No one thinks about the conformational and temperamental faults in animals these days. They think "aww cute babies".

ARGHH :censored:
It's easy to single out the stupid people that way, but it's the animals that suffer.
If I could pick even a slight fault in an animal, that'd be the option of breeding out of the window.

What we need.
Is a famous person, one of those celebs that everyone loves for one reason or another.
And then get them to endorse a worldwide campaign to stop backyard breeding.
Then everyone will think it's "cool" to buy/re-home buns and any animal.

Leave the breeding to the proffesionals. I do lol.

I don't think it helps that Ruby is from a breeder (albeit a very good one) so some people think that THAT is a reason to breed her. (erm....just because you get a pedigree dog doesn't mean that all owners breed from them.....Did you know that they can just be "pets"?! :shock: :roll:)

I get it too, because I have two, they MUST be expecting babies soon, right? :lol: Well it would be a miracle if my two girls had babies without a guy bunny involved especially.

Although saying that, Islay would make gorgeous babies. She's the perfect bunny to me, and her children would all be gorgeous! But being from Pets at Home originally (I think), I'd never breed from her.

Back