• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brambles/blackberry leaves

Here's how we hang them over the run ('forested'):

1796661_10101316771228698_2863202386916982694_n.jpg

They can reach up and grab them: we call it 'the bramble dance' XD

Lopsy (from when he was indoors) with 'grounded' bramble:

10980721_10101466388080328_6737253144259312880_n.jpg

Both with hawthorn and stripped bramble: the two whitish twigs are bramble branches, or what's left!

12106812_10101766220897958_4660935482818184102_n.jpg

Very determined bunnies with cast iron mouths :lol:

Very determined bunnies with cast iron mouths :lol:
:D It's their feet that are the problem, like willow&squiggles alluded to! Lopsy's got great huge fluffy clodhoppers and doesn't feel a thing, Aboleth's got dainty little tippytoes and constantly gets her bumskirt caught on the bramble, moves it out from its convenient corner placement and then stands on it :roll: Never had any ill effects though, no sore paws! :thumb: Lopsy does get a sore paw sometimes but that's always long after the bramble's been chewed to oblivion.

:D It's their feet that are the problem, like willow&squiggles alluded to! Lopsy's got great huge fluffy clodhoppers and doesn't feel a thing, Aboleth's got dainty little tippytoes and constantly gets her bumskirt caught on the bramble, moves it out from its convenient corner placement and then stands on it :roll: Never had any ill effects though, no sore paws! :thumb: Lopsy does get a sore paw sometimes but that's always long after the bramble's been chewed to oblivion.
I think you meant WillowAndBiscuit [emoji38] I can't believe they actually eat the thorns though, that's amazing!

I think you meant WillowAndBiscuit [emoji38] I can't believe they actually eat the thorns though, that's amazing!
Bum, sorry!

Apparently the thorns are the second best bit after the leaves! :roll: I've got another thornless stick picture but it's on my camera so that'll have to wait to be posted ;P

ALTHOUGH! This morning I thought, ha, I'll pile up these 4 short, wiggly sticks over here so they don't attach themselves and then Lopsy in his infinite stupidity goes and yanks at them, scares himself as two come out at once, runs off half-taking them with him, they attach to Aboleth's back and so she runs off in a panic and all hell broke loose. Needless to say it was all just panic and everybun was back to schnoofling the floor for celery ends less than a minute later :roll: Idiots. I expect smarter bunnies (i.e. those of average intelligence) will do just fine :twisted:

The same happens here with any stick/twig. First the leaves, then buds, then tips if there are any, then thorns, then bark if it can be stripped, then the insides if there's nothing else appearing for them to eat. Means that the sticks dry out perfectly to be stored away and reecycled for the woodburner in the winter :lol:

Bum, sorry!

Apparently the thorns are the second best bit after the leaves! :roll: I've got another thornless stick picture but it's on my camera so that'll have to wait to be posted ;P

ALTHOUGH! This morning I thought, ha, I'll pile up these 4 short, wiggly sticks over here so they don't attach themselves and then Lopsy in his infinite stupidity goes and yanks at them, scares himself as two come out at once, runs off half-taking them with him, they attach to Aboleth's back and so she runs off in a panic and all hell broke loose. Needless to say it was all just panic and everybun was back to schnoofling the floor for celery ends less than a minute later :roll: Idiots. I expect smarter bunnies (i.e. those of average intelligence) will do just fine :twisted:
Hahaha, it's OK [emoji38]

Oh goodness,that probably would have panicked me too! All three off my buns are relatively stupid too so I could see that happening to them! [emoji23]

Hahaha, it's OK [emoji38]

Oh goodness,that probably would have panicked me too! All three off my buns are relatively stupid too so I could see that happening to them! [emoji23]

Nooooo! No bun is stupid, relatively or otherwise :lol:

And by the way, how's the King these days? xx

:wave: mine pick their own i have two blackberry bushes they can all get to :D

they will trim the new growth and once all the leaves are gone after they have also picked all the ripe fruit they can reach :lol: will then trim off the old branches so next years new growth is bunny level ;) clever little devils :love:

Nooooo! No bun is stupid, relatively or otherwise :lol:
:lol: Try telling that to Lopsy :twisted:

Also, interesting bramble fact: it creates a chemical so rabbits won't eat it as it's growing! Of course, that wears off after a few hours of being cut so it eventually goes :D And I expect some (Stu et al, maybe, Mrsmcarey?! :lol:) don't care about it. But mine, they won't eat relatively new tips, but do so the next morning :)

Back