• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bought carrots

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hello!

We usually give the bunnies a little bit of carrot every so often as a treat. Yesterday I spotted some "bunched carrots" in Sainsburys that basically have massive green things coming out the top. Carrot leaves are they? Dunno :p

Can they eat those too?

Ta.

Stuart

Carrot tops - a favourite with most bunnies! Be careful though as I recently bought some of these and they were covered in what looked like salt :? Had to give them a very thorough wash

Random fact, if you cut the top end of the carrot off, with the leaves still attached you can grow it as a pot plant. It will never grow another "carrot" root but it will continue to grow more leaves for a nice regular supply. :)

Random fact, if you cut the top end of the carrot off, with the leaves still attached you can grow it as a pot plant. It will never grow another "carrot" root but it will continue to grow more leaves for a nice regular supply. :)

Good one. We used to grow them as children. I had forgotton all about it.

Back