• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored bunny who doesn't like toys - ideas?

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
Our bunny has been showing increasing signs of boredom lately, but I'm running short of ideas on how to entertain her. She doesn't like toys, so toilet rolls and balls are no use. She basically likes digging, tunnels and exploring new things.

I use cardboard veg boxes for digging trays, but she often uses them as a litter tray, so they only last about 2 days. I revamp their castle about once a month, and they have tunnels that I move around the room every so often.

She's been digging out their litter tray and today she destroyed a cushion, which I want to nip in the bud before she does anything more. She's bonded.

Any suggestions for ways to keep her entertained?

Hi, have you tried tunnels that are also edible, like this one for example?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-N...qid=1488484568&sr=1-11&keywords=rabbit+tunnel

My rabbits love these. You can also get tunnels made from willow, they destroy them in a couple of days but could help relieve boredom, or a carrot cottage.

Does she live alone? We have an indoor bun who is always destroying things, she's constantly trying to eat the Lino we've put down. We got her a friend to keep her occupied and it really helped, unfortunately he became ill, but we hope to find her another x

Hi, have you tried tunnels that are also edible, like this one for example?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-N...qid=1488484568&sr=1-11&keywords=rabbit+tunnel

My rabbits love these. You can also get tunnels made from willow, they destroy them in a couple of days but could help relieve boredom, or a carrot cottage.

Does she live alone? We have an indoor bun who is always destroying things, she's constantly trying to eat the Lino we've put down. We got her a friend to keep her occupied and it really helped, unfortunately he became ill, but we hope to find her another x

Yeah, we have a seagrass tunnel, but I'll move it somewhere new maybe, and a second one couldn't hurt! They love seagrass houses, but they're so expensive!

She is bonded, but Billy is a few years older than her, so less energetic...

I'm trying to think of an indoor digging solution she won't use as a litter tray and I'm stuck :S

When my two get a bit frisky in Spring, I put their pellets in toilet tubes stuffed with hay so they have to be energetic to get them out: maybe this wouldn't be too unamenable to Billy as well? In my two's case it's pot luck who gets what but I'm pretty sure they get enough each as they've no problems :thumb: Food incentives in toys is always good. Added bonus is now they assume all toilet tubes have pellets in so I can pout them in empty and watch them fight to get the hay out and then spend a good five minutes searching for non-existent pellets! :twisted: Of course that doesn't work for too long, they're not that stupid ;P

I'm trying to think of an indoor digging solution she won't use as a litter tray and I'm stuck :S

When my two get a bit frisky in Spring, I put their pellets in toilet tubes stuffed with hay so they have to be energetic to get them out: maybe this wouldn't be too unamenable to Billy as well? In my two's case it's pot luck who gets what but I'm pretty sure they get enough each as they've no problems :thumb: Food incentives in toys is always good. Added bonus is now they assume all toilet tubes have pellets in so I can pout them in empty and watch them fight to get the hay out and then spend a good five minutes searching for non-existent pellets! :twisted: Of course that doesn't work for too long, they're not that stupid ;P

Ha ha - love it! We have a little wooden rat tunnel that we stuff with hay and forage. OH hates it, because it gets hay everywhere! I guess I could do something like that daily though, it would help.

I've come up with an idea to make a turf tray for them, but again think my OH will hate it. At least if she uses it as a litter tray, it's just fertiliser.

I use an underbed storage box filled with kids play sand for my two - they love it. The sand usually gets kicked out the box but it keeps them occupied and happy.

I use an underbed storage box filled with kids play sand for my two - they love it. The sand usually gets kicked out the box but it keeps them occupied and happy.

This sounds great! I have tried a small cats litter tray sized box filled with soil, but our other bun took it over. He loved the soil (I think he must have been an outdoor bun before us). A bigger box to let both in would be good.

How about a carrot cottage ? Treacle isn't big on toys as such, but will spend many a happy hour trashing her cottage :D

Back