• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonnie's Eye as prolapsed (UPDATE 13-49 Bad News)

Oh my goodness Kay how awful - I can't believe it - poor Bonnie :cry:

Thinking of you all at this difficult time xxxx

I'm so sorry kay that you have had to go through this. Bonnie is at peace now..binky free
thinking of you
Love lisa and the buns x

My vet phoned me whilst she was still under the GA as when he removed the eye their was an abcess as big as the eyeball and it had already worked it's way across to the other eye but was also spreading through the bone into the skull.
I had to do the best by her as he said she would have had 2wks max. I just cannot believe it only appeared this morning (the symptom, I mean):cry:

My vet phoned me whilst she was still under the GA as when he removed the eye their was an abcess as big as the eyeball and it had already worked it's way across to the other eye but was also spreading through the bone into the skull.
I had to do the best by her as he said she would have had 2wks max. I just cannot believe it only appeared this morning (the symptom, I mean):cry:

Oh Kay bless her, poor Bonnie that is awful - but you made the right decision for your special girl & she will always be grateful that you let her go before she suffered any more. Hugs to you all at this awful time xxx

Oh Kay bless her, poor Bonnie that is awful - but you made the right decision for your special girl & she will always be grateful that you let her go before she suffered any more. Hugs to you all at this awful time xxx

Thank you:) I feel sick thinking I have missed something with her:cry:

I have only just seen this kay.Im so sorry my heart goes out to you,what an awful shock.Sleep tight beautiful Bonnie xxxxxxx

:cry: oh kay...im sooooo sorry...how awful:cry:

the thing is shes now at peace to suffer a few weeks is unthinkable but sadly buns are notorious for hiding things....we went through losing bandit recently as he hid his pain etc. pease dont blame yourself for not noticing.

Plus is it possible she didnt sustain an eye injury after all but the pressure form the abscess finally got too much?

frenchies are pretty laid back until something pushes them over the edge..then they explode for a few seconds before returning to snoozing.

i really feel for you..and send hugs for you...and vibes for widower bun xxxx

don't feel bad kay! having had joon with an abscess behind her eye i know that you didn't miss anything so don't feel bad. joon's symptoms were so very slight and the only thing i noticed was a slight pertruding of the eye which is how poor bonnie had ended up. Joon kept eating and was her normal self. As you know joon survived her op but the abscess came back and was no where near as bad as bonnie's. You couldn't have done anything and at least she enjoyed her life to the full however short, it's just not fair though:cry:

don't feel bad kay! having had joon with an abscess behind her eye i know that you didn't miss anything so don't feel bad. joon's symptoms were so very slight and the only thing i noticed was a slight pertruding of the eye which is how poor bonnie had ended up. Joon kept eating and was her normal self. As you know joon survived her op but the abscess came back and was no where near as bad as bonnie's. You couldn't have done anything and at least she enjoyed her life to the full however short, it's just not fair though:cry:

It was really quick as I noticed the slight pertruding and within the 3/4hr of me seeing it and getting to the vets the eyeball was literally sticking out of the socket:shock::cry:

I am so sorry about Bonnie. I think you definitely did the best thing for her. My heart goes out to you hun. :cry:

Binky free, pretty girl.

Back