• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding - what type suits?

mistyrabbit

Young Bun
I've been toying with the idea of getting a boyfriend for my four year old bun. She's been spayed but she's a netherland dwarf and very feisty. She is already insanely jealous of my guinea pigs (and husband) and I was wondering would this type of rabbit ever bond with another?

And if so, what type of personality would suit: do bossy rabbits prefer laid back partners? Or would she prefer the dominant type who would sweep her off her paws?

i bonded a neithe for a fellow member on here with a dutch x lop and she was a big soppy thing ( the dutch), he suffered lil man syndrome and did lots of thumping but they are so in love,

it does depend on the bun not so much the age and size, your best bet is to go to a rescue near you as they will be the best to give you advise on characteristic of there current buns, and even get them to the bonding as that in its self is stressfull there is a sticky i think on here on how to bond

If she's bossy then she'd probably suit more of a submissive lad who will let her be in charge. Some rescues offer the equivilant of speed dating for buns which is great as you can let her pivk her own husbun.

My previous bunny was a rex and a very bossy little madame. After a few tantrums, she bonded well with a lovely little crossbred who adored her - they lived a long happy life together :love:

It is worth looking into if there are any rescue centers within reach who have suitable males for her to chose a nice husbun. At least you wouldn't have to do the bonding which can be stressful, would have good back up support and give a deserving bunny a second chance.

Back