• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding update

Jambo5638

Young Bun
Hey guys since my last post about the issues of bonding I have an update. Currently the female rabbit poppy is kept in the house at night in an inclosure I risked bringing Charlie into the same room and kept them on different sides of the bars they spent 20 minutes watching and nudging each other noses through the bars. I'm taking this as a good sign :)

Good good they were watching each other and she was jumping around following Charlie wherever he went or as much as she could being enclosed.

Bless them!! Keep an eye on them though just in case they end up fighting through the bars .. my two nipped and tried getting each other a few times. When will you try them together with no separation ??

I would be careful about keeping the girl enclosed in her hutch whilst the boy is running around near it - girls can be super territorial and from my own experience when the girl is following where the boy is going along the edge of the hutch it's because she is unhappy he's there. Check her body language to see if she's being inquisitive or annoyed - you don't want her to hate him before they've met properly!
Also definitely keep an eye on them - I took my eye off mine for a second and next thing I know my female jumped at the bars and bit my male through them.
I've stopped bringing him into the room her hutch is in now so the only time they see each other is when they are in adjoining runs which they switch between every day. She doesn't try to bite him or follow him in there even though the bars are bigger so she could easily nip at him.

Back