• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding this aft

I have booked them in for Fri. They couldnt fit them in before then, not even for a quick check up! I will do my very best to keep them seperate for a while and am hoping to put her out side.

Mine charges £22, the one back home used to charge £15 and were really good, I got a right shock when I moved.

I think its a good idea to get the hutch off her to stop her getting another and give the bunny somewhere to live away from yours. Hope it all goes well, when are you picking her up?

Oh right - I assumed a hutch was outside :( I said on yesterdays thread you would also need to change your clothes after handling her - even if she was outside as I assumed. Another lady on here has just had to split a bonded pair as the smell from a female she's fostering made them fight - female's indoors and her rabbits were outside.
Actually they were all outside but it was the smell on her clothes that set them off. I am attempting rebonding in a couple of weeks for her
:shock: .

I also had to split a pair of mine as I made the mistake of thinking an immature boy would be OK in the run next to them....BIG mistake.

You need to wash your hands after handling and ALWAYS feed/touch your pair first to stop you transmitting her scent.

I am ringing her at 2.30 for directions, she lives about 30 mins away. I really dont know if I should go through with it now. I know what everyone says is true but Im so scared now.

Can you keep her in a cage out of the room from the others? You'll still need to wash your hands etc but I don't see why it would be a problem.

I agree on health checking and spaying first and that they may not bond- if not then I'm sure you could advertise her on RIN and RR.

I had Belle a free ads rabbit in the same room as my bonded rabbits for a while after she had been health checked, and they did not fight. Perhaps I was lucky.

Last edited:
I am ringing her at 2.30 for directions, she lives about 30 mins away. I really dont know if I should go through with it now. I know what everyone says is true but Im so scared now.

Well I told you all this yesterday and it didn't put you off - you're probably just getting last minute nerves as it's a big commitment - don't worry as it could work fine if you remember all the advice you've been given and keep her seperate, get her spayed and all the stuff you planned on doing yesterday - you seemed to have it all sensibly worked out then :) I expect you just would like to see them all happy together but you can't rush these things. It's great that you want to help this bunny, but do it sensibly :)

I would also suggest not bonding at the moment, too much stress at any time can end up causing some hea;th problems inlcuding slowing of the gut and can also exacerbate any infections if they are harbouring any thing.

In your post you mention: I am going to do it in the kitchen as its mutual ground. i thought I would attache Mimi's cage to the run that Rory and Lola use but make it bigger then divide it. I am a little confused if you were going to divide the run, are you actually bonding them or are you planning for them to be side by side? This would then negate this area as a neutral area for bonding in the future. This could also result in in fighting between your pre-existing buns. I appreciate you are now planning to leave the buns for a few weeks prior to attempting to bond them. From my own experience bonding more than 2 is best done as a 'get on with it process' rather than doing it by side by side method as this may result in the unbonding of your own rabbits before you start.

Well I told you all this yesterday and it didn't put you off - you're probably just getting last minute nerves as it's a big commitment - don't worry as it could work fine if you remember all the advice you've been given and keep her seperate, get her spayed and all the stuff you planned on doing yesterday - you seemed to have it all sensibly worked out then :) I expect you just would like to see them all happy together but you can't rush these things. It's great that you want to help this bunny, but do it sensibly :)
I have decided to just do it. I am going to take it slow and do all the correct things. My other two have been neutered and have their jabs so I AM a sensible bunny mummy. I did think about phoning the lady and changing my mind but I wouldnt be able to sleep at night. My biggest fear is that Rory and Lola will suffer but life is full of risks and sometimes you have to take a chance and see how it works out.
I really appreciate all your help and advice, even if it did scare me to death:shock: :lol:
I honestly did know all of this before but was listening to my heart not my head, it is good to hear the voice of reason.
No doubt I will be on here later to let you all know how she is getting on.
Thanks all:thumb:

I have just made a space in my spare room. taken my plastic hutch up there, trying to attatch the playpen and am looking for lino. She should be fine there and Rory and Lola will never know she is here......Yet!

Shes here. What a cutie, I have a really good feeling about her and am so pleased I went for her. Her cage was very tatty but was clean and fairly big also she had been fed on super excel bunny food, she had been fairly well looked after but wasnt given much attention. She looks fantastic and has beautiful big shiney eyes, she is also enjoying a carrot as we speak. I was told she loves carrot and lettuice:shock: The lady couldnt believe I bothered getting my other two jabbed and was stunned when I said they were both neutered and litter trained. The children didnt even come to the car to say goodbye to her so I knew I was doing the right thing. I have posted pics in photo section.
Again thanks for all the help and advice.
I will keep you all posted

Back