• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help

Tomleroy51

New Kit
I adopted a male Rabbit from a rescue to live with my male rabbit. They have been together 8 weeks. On Monday they had a fight I don’t know why. I tried on the being to put them back together but they had a further 3 fights. Ive kept them seperate since next to each other. On Tuesday I had them in the carrier on Tuesday and they were fine Wednesday I put them in the bath they were fine grooming. Last night they were fine to start with and then started to circle a few times which I stopped b4 it lead to a fight. Tonight I thought I will put them in the carrier for a few hours as tomorrow after work I was going to put them in a small pen and see how it went as I’m not back at work until Monday. They were in the carrier for 15mins and had a fight. I don’t know what to do. The rescue said they would have them in on tuesday and try to rebond them. My worry is they won’t get along again. And also
If the rescue did rebond them and when I got them home they didn’t get along again or had a fight when I was out. I don’t know what to do for the best. Can anybody give me advice

Same sex pairings are notoriously more difficult with bunnies. I think I'd be nervous they'd fight again too. It sounds harsh but would the rescue consider 'swapping ' (sorry for the terrible choice of word) for a spayed female?

Welcome to RU by the way. Bunny bonding can be stressful. Often theres no right or wrongs but you do have to follow your instincts . How old are they?

They are about the same age so around 19 months. I’ve taken them to the rescue I had Tom from to see if they will bond again. Fingers crossed

Back