• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help please

They were in the pen for 3 days with no mounting or chasing and they are still in a pen in the garden so not free range. If you saw them you would have thought they have been together for ever :) he is neutered and she is not quite old enough but I have found a vet who will keep them together while she is being done... Do you think this is a good idea? I will get her done asap

They were in the pen for 3 days with no mounting or chasing and they are still in a pen in the garden so not free range. If you saw them you would have thought they have been together for ever :) he is neutered and she is not quite old enough but I have found a vet who will keep them together while she is being done... Do you think this is a good idea? I will get her done asap

If they are in a pen in the garden that's fine..
But .. It should be small and a bit bigger than the size they were indoors bonding.
Yh that's a good idea

Sorry I am not sure which bit the Do you think this is a good idea? goes with so will try and cover all posibilities.

I would definately still advise going slowly with moving them as this can easily upset their relationship, particuarly as they have only been together less than a week. Whislt relationships may look settled they are still very fragile and it wont take much to break a bond. Where they have are at the moment, is it somewhere they are going to stay for a few days or are you moving them again. If this is not somewhere they can stay as it is not 100% secure I would fine somewhere to put them where they can remain for a further 3 days and then you can sloly expand their territory. This area needs to be neutral or thoroughly cleaned with a strong smelling substance such as vinegar.

Now they are together I would leave them and then take them to the vets together to get her neutered as soon as she is old enough. Do in the meanwhile keep a close eye on them as there is potential for them to end up fighting as soon as she becomes sexually mature.

Back