• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice

Woodybunny

New Kit
Hi there
So we have a male bunny (woody) who is not neutered yet. Yesterday we adopted a female (Jessie) who we intend to eventually bond with him as a companion. The plan in the next couple of weeks is to have both neutered/spayed then obviously eventually bond and house together. I will obviously follow the guidelines time wise but just looking for as much info and advice as we can get so we are fully informed.
Woody is a house rabbit and obviously eventually Jessie will come to live inside too. She is living in an outdoor hutch at the moment. Is it a good idea to let the two of them play in adjacent hutches so they can see/smell each other or should I wait until after neutering for that?
Sorry for rambling and thank you so
Much for reading :) x

Personally I would wait until both bunnies are over their neuters before you start introducing them. You don't mention their ages but assume they are both old enough to be neutered.

Thank you :) that’s what I thought but wanted others input so thanks. Woody is 5 months and Jessie is 1 so should be fine to be neutered :)

Back