• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding a deaf buck?

willowflower27

Mama Doe
I have finley my baby boy i feel he needs company although i have tried bonding him to little miss ava but i think it all went wrong their cos she's a bit old for him and couldn't really take all the humping etc.
I then contacted my local rescue who allowed me to take a lovely lady home to try and bond them it all seemed to go well until she turned on him i think personally it was Finns fault as he's deaf he really doesn't respond well to verbal signs like grunts etc and boy was she grunting he is neutered.
will i ever be able to bond him or am i best giving up and keeping him a single bun he follows me around the house and seems happy but i have caught him gazing longingly at ava.
Any advice please?

yes he's neutered but i think he has some learned behaviour issues i didn't rescue him til he was 8 months he's just over a year now and i had hime neutered as soon as he settled in but it might have been to late

So you've maybe had him 4-5 months? How long ago was he neutered if you waited for him to settle in? Maybe 3-4 months?

How long after he was neutered did you bond him with those bunnies?

I've had him 5 months he was entered a month after I had him. He was bonded with available before I had him entered then when he came back from his castration she didn't want anything to do with him the bunny from the rescue was just introduced last weekend

This wont be much help but I am interested to know any advice that anyone has as we have Starbuck on his own, he is also a deaf buck. We tried to bond him with Fay but it didnt work out, for a couple of reasons, and he has been a single house bunny since (she now has a husbun). I do wonder how well he would get on with another bun and whether we will be able to bond him, but I think that if he is with another bunny that has good sight and hearing and who is a bit older/more placid it might work out.

I'll definitely be asking a rescue if they could kindly do the bonding though!! :)

Back