• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Bonded pair Northants UD URGENT situation, link to pics added

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Sarah's Bunny

Pictures in the link http://img228.imageshack.us/slidesho...713424zan.smil

Charlie is a medium lop and is brown, auburn and white dappled (with a handsome brown moustache to boot!). Lola is a mini lop and grey and white in colour. She has a very cute little 'beauty spot' in dark grey on one of her cheeks. They are, literally, inseperable. Both have lovely temperaments and have been bonded with two Cocker Spaniels, who they used to share a basket with at sleeping time, so get on with other animals with no problems. In fact, I've noticed they enjoy most being around people, other animals and noises where they can sniff around and flop out.. really sociable. Charlie's a soppy little boy - loves his cuddles but dislikes being picked up. Lola was very timid when I adopted her but with time and patience she's developed into a real madam, as with most female lops! Also loves cuddles and doesn't mind being picked up. Once she gets to know someone properly, she'll even hop onto their lap. Having said all this, she's still quite nervous and I have a feeling this might be because she has hearing problems (possibly deaf). She is fine when you approach at her level and give her fair warning.

Eating habits - they both :love: carrots & bananas (sweet tooth!) and are partial to watercress.

Charlie was abandoned at the RSPCA because the owners bought another, younger rabbit and ignored him. So, he tends to want a lot of attention at feeding time. He also tends to dominate Lola at this time too and gobble over his share of food! Because of this, I have separate bowls for them.

Charlie & Lola are a male/female pair and were bonded by me when I adopted them from the RSPCA in 2003. I am struggling to find suitable rented accommodation that will allow pets and so, reluctantly, am having to look at other options for them. I used to post on the RR forum a few years ago and thought to ask on here to see if anyone can help.

The bunnies are in a two storey hutch at a friend's in Northants at the moment but he cannot keep them there anymore and so I'm having to move them to my lodgings in Oxfordshire 'til I move in mid Feb. I am panicking slightly as to where I can rehome them and so hope that a lovely member on here can offer a home for these two gorgeous buns and give them as much love and attention as they deserve.

I'll be able to visit them wherever they go *sniff*

Last edited:
Due to date adopted these bunnies are obviously at least 7 1/2 years old...or are they older?
just thinking a sanctuary may take them on or someone looking for friends for an elderly bun:?

Hi all :wave:

The bunnies in need of help are mine. HoneyBunny, I got the dates mixed up in my head. Charlie is approx 5 and Lola is approx 4 1/2 years old, based on the ages given to me by the RSPCA in 2008 (when I adopted them). I've just sent SOAD some photies of the pair so you should be able to see the munchkins soonish.

Sarah x

Last edited:
There is a link to picture of them and they're needing to be ion a new home by the 27/2

Would they need to stay as outdoor bunnies? Or would indoor be ok?

Do you think they would be bonded (by a rescue or someone experienced) with another pair. My two are 6 and 7 years old and very laid back. They are indoors but will get outdoor playtime when the weather improves.

Thanks, SOAD :)

Hi Biscuit :wave: thanks, Lola's a cutie pie and can run as fast as Linford! I recorded some footage of them whizzing round the garden yesterday so will try to get that up too :)

As SOAD mentioned, I'm moving to rented accomodation on the weekend of 26th and can't take the bunnies with me so the move is quite urgent. I'm thinking that I might put them in boarding if they don't find a new home in time. However, I'd prefer to give this money to someone who knows about rabbits and will look after them with care and lots of love so if anyone has space and can keep them in return for a boarding fee, I'd be happy to do this.

If you were nearer I could have fostered them till they could be rehomed as I have a spare hutch at the minute.

Hi Purple :)

I tried to train them as indoor rabbits when they were a lot younger but they were veeery destructive around the house (imagine coming home to most of the furniture chewed or the kitchen door mangled by attempts to be released!) and I was struggling to get them to realise the concept of a litterbox :? I don't know how they'd get on now that they are older and a little less boisterous. They do love being indoors and flopping out, esp. in the kitchen by a warm radiator!

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how they'd get on with other buns. Well, I hope. They're fine with dogs and cats.. and they've now been introduced to the chickens at the farm I'm lodging on so are unphased by introductions. I see you're in Cambs. If you like, I could bring them to meet your buns or we can meet in a neutral space and see how they interact. It'd be lovely to think they'd have more friends to play with :) Are your two a male/female pair?

Awwhh, they are beautiful. :):love:

I've got no room at the inn here but just wanted to post to check that the RSPCA you adopted them from are aware that you're rehoming them? When I've adopted buns from them before, I've had to sign a contract stating that they will be returned if for any reason I can't keep them.

Not having a go at all, I just thought it'd be worth mentioning - I'm not sure they'd even realise if you had rehomed them to be honest but it'd be awful if they found out and you got into trouble over it. :wave:

Hi Georgie :) Thanks, they are beautiful... and they know it all too well!

I've already spoken to the RSPCA I adopted them from in 2008 and they said I would only need to tell them if I was looking to rehome them with them. Nevertheless, they have amended their records so all's well. Thanks for checking though!

If you were nearer I could have fostered them till they could be rehomed as I have a spare hutch at the minute.

Thanks, Molly :wave: I have a car and am willing to drive to wherever necessary! The most important thing is that the bunnies find a good home, miles are irrelevant :) They have a hutch as shown in the pics. Would they be with other bunnies if they were to stay with you?

Hi Purple :)

I tried to train them as indoor rabbits when they were a lot younger but they were veeery destructive around the house (imagine coming home to most of the furniture chewed or the kitchen door mangled by attempts to be released!) and I was struggling to get them to realise the concept of a litterbox :? I don't know how they'd get on now that they are older and a little less boisterous. They do love being indoors and flopping out, esp. in the kitchen by a warm radiator!

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how they'd get on with other buns. Well, I hope. They're fine with dogs and cats.. and they've now been introduced to the chickens at the farm I'm lodging on so are unphased by introductions. I see you're in Cambs. If you like, I could bring them to meet your buns or we can meet in a neutral space and see how they interact. It'd be lovely to think they'd have more friends to play with :) Are your two a male/female pair?

Awww bless them, my mum has a detructive bun and she drives her crazy!

My 2 seem too laid back to bother with being destructive! They are lovely.
The are a male/female pair and I have had them since 2005.

Yeah I'd be happy to meet up with you and just see how the bunnies went for a short while.
My mum lives in the same village as me in Cambs so we could meet there and use 1 of the rooms that her rabbit doesn't go in so it was neutral.

pm me if you'd still like to try that idea.

If not then I hope the bunnies get a lovely home very soon :D x

Thanks, Molly :wave: I have a car and am willing to drive to wherever necessary! The most important thing is that the bunnies find a good home, miles are irrelevant :) They have a hutch as shown in the pics. Would they be with other bunnies if they were to stay with you?

If you get desperate I can foster them and I'm sure the rescue I foster for would put them on the website. I have 4 other buns (2 pairs) of my own.

Hi all,

I'm having to bump this up, sorry.

I posted my first message on here as soon as I knew the situation with my new place and the bunnies, hoping to find a new home for Charlie and Lola with time to bond and settle in. I found a foster mum and we'd arranged a meeting but she disappeared at the last minute with no word of what happened! I had no option but to put Chaz and Lol up at the cattery. It's pretty upsetting because they hate going there and it meant another upheaval for them.

Is there anyone who could help me and the bunnies out? I really don't want to keep the bunnies in long-term boarding because they don't like it and get cabin fever (last time they came home, they had a fight :( ). I feel pretty stressed by the whole situation and don't know what to do now.

I'd really appreciate any advice/help.

Sarah x

Hi,

I am bumping this up because I am BEGGING for someone's help!

After having had one person let me down at the last minute, I am sad to write that this has happened again. Both times, the posters have led me to believe that we are meeting for a bonding and then disappear with no word of what has happened. I am now in a situation where I cannot physically afford to keep the rabbits at the cattery; they cannot stay at mine because I'd be in breach of my contract and none of my friends can keep them :-(

Please can someone help. I couldn't sleep last night as I was so upset. Please, please contact me - even if it's only for a week to help me out.

Sarah

Hi Molly,

My contract is for a year so the ideal situation would be for someone to look after them for a year. However, I don't want to disrupt the bunnies' lives too much so if a rehome is easier I would be happy to do this instead.. and hope that I could visit occasionally :)

Back