• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding in North-West England

Someone needs to set up something in Manchester city centre please, it's definitely not bunny friendly enough :)!

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Edit: I've accidentally hijacked this thread I'm very sorry... I meant to start my own :oops:

Hi :wave:

I am looking for advice & opinions on pet sitters vs. boarding please. I have never used either so I'm hoping some more experienced rabbit owners can share their advice?

In April I will be away for 2 weeks plus a day before either side to travel to & from Heathrow from Nottingham.

My living set up is this:
Me & my OH live with his parents.
The indoor bunny Zucc lives in our bedroom.
Our outdoors buns Jasper & Lola live, as you might have guessed, outdoors!

Indoor bun is going to my mums for his own mini holiday but she won't be having the outdoor buns.
Neither can they be looked after by OHs parents. And I don't know anyone else who could look after them.
In my mind I thought a pet sitter would be better because I thought bunny boarding & going in to a new environment would be fairly stressful? (& I know this is a human emotion but I didn't want them to feel like I'd abandoned them :oops:) I'm quite an anxious person & I'm very very attached to my rabbits so I want the best for them while I'm gone as any one would :)

But im reassessing my options after reading a thread or 2.. So what's better for longer holidays? And how far would you travel with your buns to take them to boarding? And lastly does anyone have recommendations for the Long Eaton/Nottinghamshire area?

Thanks

4littlepaws near Chesterfield is amazing.

Back