• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blackbird That My Neighbours Cat Killed UD: Another One!!

ziggyandme

Mama Doe
Yesterday, when I was putting my chickens in for the night I heard a massive commotion at the top of my garden. I quickly ran out of the chicken run and saw that my neighbours cat had a blackbird in his mouth, and other blackbirds were flying at him and screeching in the attempt to make him let go. I ran up my garden to try and save the bird, but the cat ran off with it and went over several gardens.

Very upsetting to witness. :cry::cry::cry:

Fly free, little bird.

Update: He's just killed the second bird in two days! I've realised it's because he's not wearing his collar, which has a bell on it. Therefore, the birds aren't being warned that he's there :(

Last edited:
Very sad. I'm afraid one of my cats is a hunter and I haven't been unable to control this behaviour. I've managed to save many frogs, voles, mice, worms and birds but not all of them, and I hate it.

Last edited:
Awww :cry: so sad for the blackbird. Such an unnecessary death. If it was a dog killing a cat, there would be an outcry.

Sleep tight blackbird. Hope you didn't have your own babies to feed :cry:.

Back