• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Black and white dutch - Male - Yorks

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of katyh9

Hi there, I am looking for a special understanding home for my two rabbits and thought this would be a good place to look for one! I have made the sad descision to rehome them as Bugs has become agressive towards me over the last couple of weeks. He has never been a "people rabbit" but has now begun to charge at me and bite and scratch me. Demi, the female, is very gentle and placid, but nearly blind due to a scar on one eye and cateracts, this doesn't seem to cause her any problems though.
Bugs
Physical Description Black and white dutch
Temperament Agressive and territorial
Age unknown
Sex male
Neuter Status y
Vaccination Status y
Health good
Type of home wanted adults only, very patient
Location Bingley, west yorks
Reason for rehoming Become aggressive and territiorial, I belive with the right home, he could massively improve, but as I have a 3 year old son I am not the right person to do this.

Demi
Physical Description Harliquin medium sized rabbit breed unknown
Temperament placid, bit jumpy due to sight problems, but friendly
Age unknown
Sex F
Neuter Status y
Vaccination Status y
Health Good, almost blind due to a scar and cateracts , but causes no problems
Type of home wanted calm and patient
LocationBingley West yorkshire
Reason for rehoming Bonded with Bugs, will be very sad to see her go, she is lovely

I hope I have done al of this right, Many thanks
Katy

Just thought I would add a picture so you can see how lovely they are :)
BugsandDemi.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

008.jpg

They deserve a really nice home, I really wish I could keep them, but I just can't offer Bugs enough time to deal with his aggression. If anyone has any questions I am more than happy to answer them

I am sad for you and your buns that things haven't worked out :(

I hope they both find a lovely new home, they are gorgeous.

Aw. Do you know why he has become aggressive? It might be something sortable if it is a health issue which is making him feel crummy and acting that way.

I have taken him to the vet, who said he can't seem to find any medical reason for it, the only thing that I can think of is that we have new next door neighbours that have a dog, and he may feel threatend by that? Other than that I'm clueless. We got him from the rspca in october, so I don't know what happend to him before we got him, maybe he was pesterd by a dog, but he was found wondering on a street, so got no history. I was going to return him to the rspca, but I am worried that they would put him down due to the agression, rather than try to rehome him, and I realy don't want to seperate him form Demi, as he is her 3rd hubby, so has had enough upheval as it is.
Hopefully someone can offer them the forever home that they deserve x

I have taken him to the vet, who said he can't seem to find any medical reason for it, the only thing that I can think of is that we have new next door neighbours that have a dog, and he may feel threatend by that? Other than that I'm clueless. We got him from the rspca in october, so I don't know what happend to him before we got him, maybe he was pesterd by a dog, but he was found wondering on a street, so got no history. I was going to return him to the rspca, but I am worried that they would put him down due to the agression, rather than try to rehome him, and I realy don't want to seperate him form Demi, as he is her 3rd hubby, so has had enough upheval as it is.
Hopefully someone can offer them the forever home that they deserve x

The dog is very possibly the cause. It's shame you can't work with him and help him feel safer.

However, if they came from the RSPCA you will have signed a contact stating that if you can't keep them anymore then they will go back to the RSPCA, so that's what you have to do.

Back