• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky free 'Other Bunny'

sierra*323

Mama Doe
You had a small home and a lonely life but you were beautiful :(

A few months ago I noticed that the hutch on the other side of my fence had not been cleaned for some time. Worried about flystrike, I popped over with some hay for the little one and tried to befriend it's owner. I never knew the rabbit's name but learned that she was a girl and (imaginatively) called her 'Other Bunny'. There was a young girl there who I often hear in the garden. Her mum appreciated the hay and cleaned Other Bunny out a day or so later so I was reassured a bit. She even let her out to explore the garden in the bit of summer we had.

Earlier this week I was by her hutch on the way round to my side path and noticed her flopped on her side against my fence in her run. It was dirty again and she had gone :( I popped round and just asked them to check on her, saying I could see that she was on her side and was worried for her.

In the next couple of days I wondered hopefully if I had been wrong - Other Bunny had disappeared but it wasn't unusual for her to sit in her hutch all day and it had it's back to me. I thought maybe I had just seen a DBF and she was very deeply asleep. But this morning I saw that her hutch had gone. I feel a bit guilty that I didn't do more for her, but a part of me is glad that it doesn't look like they will get another.

Sleep tight Other Bunny, I hope you have gone to be with the partner you lost over a year ago :love:

I'm sure that your input made a difference to this buns quality of life.
I remember another thread you posted asking what you could do to help so I'm glad you found a way to.

I'm sure that your input made a difference to this buns quality of life.
I remember another thread you posted asking what you could do to help so I'm glad you found a way to.

Thank you, it wasn't quite enough but I'm glad I tried :)

Other Bun, never again will you be alone or unloved.
You are better off away from this earth.
I hope you are happy now.

Sweet dreams Other Bunny :cry: No longer alone...enjoy the new friends that will greet you in Paradise.
Thank you for giving this bunny a few moments of love and care, sierra*323.

Binky free other - I'm sure she was grateful for the hay, yum yum yum! Ther's LOADS of hay and grass at the bridge, you know.

Sierra, I'm in North Oxfordshire - it's nice to see a fellow local bunny lover :)

sleep tight sweet other bunny.

I know it doesn't make you feel any better but at least you tried to do something. Others would just watch and do nothing. Just such a shame they didnt care more for her.

Back