• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best brush for moulting bunny

Would this be suitable for Rex bunnies? They moult like the clappers and after Coco's recent bout of gut problems and Thumper's recurring gut problems, both the vet and I wonder if it's their own fur causing it. I found a number of poops joined by fur during Coco's episode. Just stroking them with damp hands, gently plucking away the loose bits is barely making a difference - I really need a brush or something but am terrified of damaging their skin.

Thanks!

I've used this for around 20 years on hundreds of bunnies, rescues and all sorts from very long haired, to thick fur etc ..

I find it gets a lot of hair out without distressing. Seems to tease it out gently.

The comb, for my rabbits is less traumatic even than plucking, which sometimes they find invasive and it makes them flinch.

I've used this for around 20 years on hundreds of bunnies, rescues and all sorts from very long haired, to thick fur etc ..

I find it gets a lot of hair out without distressing. Seems to tease it out gently.

The comb, for my rabbits is less traumatic even than plucking, which sometimes they find invasive and it makes them flinch.

Super, thank you MightyMax, I'll get one ordered and give it a go :thumb:

Nooooooo! It's an add-on item only! Oh well. I've added one to my basket and will now have to wait until I've spent £20 to get it ordered .... *sighs

Good excuse to go shopping though![emoji6]

Yes but with the pittance I've picked up for February (the one invoice worked out at I earned 92p a day in February) I have literally no money spare to go shopping online in March, so they're going to have to wait :(

But .... if anyone else is doing any shopping via Amazon soon and is spending over £20 I'd gladly send them the extra postage to get it for me ... ? Just a thought? Pretty please? :) :) :) :)

I bought it from Mighty Oak trading on Amazon. Slightly more expensive than the add-on version but no need to spend 20 pounds and free postage :)

The teeth on nit combs are too close together for the Rex's fur as they have very thick fur, but thank you all the same :).

Is this the comb, MightyMax, found it on eBay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rosewood-...hash=item25b660be48:m:mDYddkraTV1u8pjn30fR0iA

Yes I think so :thumb:

Oddly, the one called 'coarse comb' is actually a moulting comb (like the one I recommend). The other one is just straight prongs .. Almost as if they've got it the wrong way round?

That's good value and no postage :)

Yes I think so :thumb:

Oddly, the one called 'coarse comb' is actually a moulting comb (like the one I recommend). The other one is just straight prongs .. Almost as if they've got it the wrong way round?

That's good value and no postage :)

I thought that - I think they got the photos mixed up. I'll get it ordered and double-check when it arrives - if it's the wrong one, it'll go back!

Thanks MightyMax!

theres an option on there for coarse or moulting I would tick moulting, as said above maybe they did wrong piccies

I thought that - I think they got the photos mixed up. I'll get it ordered and double-check when it arrives - if it's the wrong one, it'll go back!

Thanks MightyMax!

You're welcome Angie. Perhaps in the 'message' bit of Ebay you could double confirm that you've ordered the one with the 'uneven' teeth, to avoid the hassle of returns etc ..

Back