• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bertie not eating! Update - seems fine now!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
He had his pellets with his usual greedy gusto but is now not eating. Not even a dandelion. I had a meeting so was late serving his greens. I'm hoping it is a temporary huff but he has been moulting very heavily for a few weeks.

Last edited:
I hope he starts eating. Keep giving him his favorite treats. But don't wait too long. I suggest you go to the vet after a few hours. I hope he don't need. I'm sending too much vibration. Xxxxxxxxxx

Poo out fine overnight. A few with signs of fur, which is normal for moulting times. I'm trying to get him moving in the hope of loosening things up!

Coriander fresh picked from the garden has been accepted. I'm going to change his tray so that I can monitor output!

Gass buildup? Sometimes it is yous a temporary thing once gass passes they feel much better and star to eat just fine. Tummy massage and simethicone helps.

I also find that my rabbits tend to eat slower or messier when spurs need to be filed down. But sometimes I get surprised with overnight change from nice poops, eating hay to "i don't wanna eat at all". (last case was like this).

Last edited:
He's eaten some pellets and seems brighter. Maybe it was gas and my annoying him into moving has dislodged it!

Glad Bertie seems better now. Hopefully it was just a temporary cease in nomming and normal service is now resumed xxx

Bertie now seems to be absolutely fine. I wonder if the issue may have been huff-related as he normally has his greens earlier.

Bertie now seems to be absolutely fine. I wonder if the issue may have been huff-related as he normally has his greens earlier.

Frankly I have no idea. I am not very experienced with rabbits, I'm new too. It's nice if he's all back to normal. You do not unfollow him though. But people sometimes experience indigestion or unhappiness. Rabbits may not be the same every day.

Phew just caught this thread, but pleased to hear that Bertie seems fine now, they do love to worry us !

Back