• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bensonlolas's annual house bunny thread..... calling all housebun experts!

I agree with Graham, dont underestimate them! My two arent chewers, I swear Barney thinks hes a dog, and one of the reasons I chose Annabelle was because she didnt chew or destroy. They were fine in the old house, but less than two weeks of being in the flat and I already had a carpet dug up, (white!) sofas peed on and wallpaper missing. They have also recently got a taste for bags, not cute little bite marks though, bunny destruction!

Be especially careful with wallpaper! And bunny-proof any wiresand any furniture you dont want nibbled.

That said, I'd miss them terribly if they went outside :) I love the fact that I dont have to go out in the pouring rain to clean out littertrays, and that I dont have to put aside time to spend with them, I just give them the odd bit of attention here and there, and if they want more they run up to me.

I actually missed them when I moved them out of my bedroom to the lounge :oops: as I didnt get to see them when I was getting ready for work or watching a movie or reading.

As much as I love them, I don't want my house ruined!! Especially since they are very settled and happy outside. That said - winters coming!! I'd love them in with me in winter, I wouldn't worry about them and would see them more.

:) my guys are house buns and i wouldnt have it any other way. dont get me wrong, you hear alot of 'bella dont chew that', 'jasper get out of there' and 'which of you little fuzbutts did this then??!!' :lol: but to me its all part of the norm. jasper isn't a chewer in the slightest but bella does have her moments, many a shoe lace has had its last days at the mouth of bella-the-distroyer :roll: but my house is like a bunny toy shop, ive got so many things she 'can' chew and i just re direct her chewiness elsewhere. also if they do start chewing something none stop, maybe look at why. bella kept going at the wall paper the other day and my OH was getting stern, i said 'i bet she wants her hay topped up' and oh yeah who was right ;) sometimes buns are trying to get your attention for a reason x

QUOTE=bensonlola;4892974]You should see the hem of one curtain now!! Did I tell you that Lola sank her teeth into my favourite Kipling handbag?:roll:[/QUOTE]

.....curtains.....with hems.....Oh I remember now. Had forgotten what they look like:lol:

Remeber the curtains ... and don't leave any handbags lying about. ;):lol:

yes, or shoes, or well, just about anything really, unless you want them to have it and then you can guarantee that they wont touch it. :lol:
But the greatest thing about having house bunnies is how tame and friendly they become and how much time you can spend with them and oohh!! how much more you come to love them.

I always said I wouldn't have housebuns again and after Blackjack being in quaranteen since last monday I remember rightly, hes cost so much damage already in a week gahh, he takes rabbit proofing to a whole new level now he can't get at any furnature my wall is beign eaten to bits :roll:

Mine leave curtains alone for some reason. I was convinced they'd eat my new curtains and nets a year ago but they've left them alone completely.

I say go for it, as long as your not too house proud. It really used to niss me off when Dolly ruined something, but i loved them being indoors. So much more convenient, theyre more affectionate too and were forever making me giggle :D

I felt bad for putting them back outside this summer, every time they came in to play, Marley would dart up the stairs and flop outside my bedroom door! :love:

Thankyou everybody - I'm about to post some pics in the pictures section. You could have a look for me if you have time..... :D

Also if you like an occasional holiday away you need to know you have someone that does good indoor bunny boarding nearby!! Finding good outdoor bunny boarding is difficult but indoor boarding is really tough!

Back