• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

behavioural weeing everywhere on self too

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:wave: we took bandit to see our vet rob today..cos hes peeing is getting worse..hes so sore and i have to bathe him every day and it doesnt do anything. he smells and is getting sore. he pees on the spot if you sneeze burp cough laugh or f a r t!! he wees lke an overexcited puppy,..we thought oh its just a dominance thing..hes pooing in the tent and peeing in it not the two frenchies....we thought he was just nervous hes not been right really since bif left the group.
He is a sorry state..and rob tested his wee by getting him to pee on the table and also mistakenly all over robs nice clean tunic:oops: he then used clinistix to test for infection.....stones ....ph level etc etc al fine.
rob had already said he thought we were right but he had to rule out any illness.
he said its a behavioural problem but hes no idea how to fix it or what the cause is....
we told him that he has a free range lifelstyle with the frenchies and isnt brave enough about it nd still misses bif since she unbonded from the group.
Bif went with for a mite jab but couldnt have it so shes having it next week...
bif and him were fine in the carrier glad of osmeone else to hug. we told rob that bandit still tries to snuggle with her..hes never lost his affection for her vene tho theyre unbonded. bif is very happy in her cage and comes out for a small exercise area away from the frenchies and near us. she seems to be so much better for having a cage back....security i guess itmaybe why she she was so glued to bertie and a nervous wreck all the time.
Rob agreed that we need to seperate bandit and give him a secure space ie a cage until he is feeling better then bond him back to bif and let them live otgether.

i wasnt conviced but fate took a hand..the frenchies didnt respond for about and hour or so when we got back but once they did hey relaised he stunk of the vets and chased him all the time and nipped him gently to keep him away fron them. so i guess its just as well....hes in the small dog crate (argos call it a large dog crate!) and thats side by side with bifs cage their litter trays are side by side and they can talk to each other..no nipping through the bars at all!! ive penned off the area from the frenchies as best i can with 4 pen panels.
rob told us not to keep bating him in stuff just to use warm salt water like you do for wounds...then dry him and put some sudocrem on him...
ive come to bed me and my head....and they both seem very happy..the only thing upsettign bandit is the cats cant some in with him..he loves those two and they adore him..such a weird relationship!
so maybe he will improve and by the time bifs had her last mite jab next week and theyve all their myxi boosters and recovered then i will begin bonding the two wickle buns.
Has anyone got any tips or has anyone else had a peeing bunny through a behavioural problem pleazse i need as much advice as poss!!

:( ive been minus the internet all this time..i was sooo hoping someone had some advice for me..im gutted..come on pleeez......

ive bathed his bum clipped his fur put sudocrem on him but he inst actually scalded like he was just damp and smelly..he likes to wee on his fleece and sleep in the tray..i dont know what has hapened to him. hes in the crate next to bifs cage and seem to be getting on fine together.

help guys pleez he looks so sad and is begging for nose rubs but i cant let him out until he stops peeing on the hard floor and sitting it..vet says to give him a weeks break..and then giv him his myxi boster and wait till then to see when hed benefit from time with bif....
but im not bonding if stressed..he loves her she toelrates him so i odnt want to force it again....
the two frenchies are laying up against his crate and kissing him thru the bars.

Back