• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau has eaten a whole houseplant - he is ok :)

Aw! I hope he ok!! I sure he will be... know its a different animal, but my piggie ate a load of leaves of a plant in our last garden that said poisonous to animals!!:shock: he lived for years after that, though we dug the plant out!!:lol: Fingers crossed for Beau!!

The vet has been round, it wasnt the one I wanted to see as they said he was unavailable but I have seen this one before and to be honest I didnt really want to see him again :? He had a look at Beau and felt his stomach and gave him a check over and said he seems fine and I asked about fluid therapy but he said he didnt think it was neccesary :? I hope thats right, the only vet I trust fully is the one that isnt available, I havent had much luck finding a bunny savvy one. Im not sure if I should try another surgery just incase :?

He said to keep a very close eye on him and has given me his mobile number and said if I see any signs of him looking uncomfortable or he is not eating then to call him straight away

Awww I hope he's going to be OK - I think wind tomorrow might be the main problem so stock up on infacol and he might need a painkiller tomorrow at the vets. Usually poisons accumulate in the liver - I know that dandelion leaves and especially roots are good blood purifiers, so give him some of them maybe?

Awww I hope he's going to be OK - I think wind tomorrow might be the main problem so stock up on infacol and he might need a painkiller tomorrow at the vets. Usually poisons accumulate in the liver - I know that dandelion leaves and especially roots are good blood purifiers, so give him some of them maybe?

I have plenty of dandelion leaves so will give him some of those :D And I have infacol in the first aid box :D Thanks :D He is flopped in his tray now after running around the room about 10 times :lol:

Oh good - I bet he's used to eating them too :D I wonder what the roots taste like? My dad used to dig them up and make them into coffee substitute :shock:

Yeh he is used to them, he loves them :lol: He is probably wondering what is going on :lol: He has had extra pellets today, charcoal cobs, papya tablets for behaving while the vet was here, a basket of yummy treats becuase I feel bad and millions of cuddles and nose rubs and now im taking him dandelion leaves :lol:

That's good that the vet has been, even if it's not the one you wanted. At least he's given you his mobile number if you're at all concerned.

It sounds as if you're spoiling him ;) :lol: Sending non-windy vibes x

Yeh he said he will come straight back round if I want him to and said if I dont call him today to give him a ring in the morning and he will book me in for an appointment first thing so I dont have to wait too long if he does need a vet tomorrow :D

Yep he is being spoilt, he has started looking like oh what do you want now when I go in there :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: awww animals are good at making us worry :D
Glad he seems fine and got my fingers crossed xx

Beau is fine today :D No wind or anything, my mum didnt leave his side all day :lol: I will be keeping an eye on him tonight and she is staying home with him tomorrow :D Still no idea what the plant was :roll: My mum got hold of her last night and she didnt know but is searching for the receipt :D Thanks for all the vibes guys xxx

Back