• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

barbie is getting spayed on wed.....U/D she is home :D!

Little_Girl

Warren Scout
hi everyone!hope u all coping well with the cold weather :wave:

i just booked barbie in for her op this Wednesday.....
really really worry but i know it has to be done anyway:roll:
sometimes i feel very sorry for her having to face the pain and fears...::cry:
she is the little baby in our family, everyone love her so much....

hopes everything will be okay and she will recover asap*

Last edited:
Just want to share the experience of Barbie getting spayed! :)

Barbie went for operation at 9am yesterday morning...

vet told me to phone up and check if she is okay to go home in the evening...

so i went home and wait....couldn't do anything for those hours, as i kept thinking about her and being worry...:(

picked her up at around 6pm, vet said everything went well, and she ate like a horse up until the operation. :lol:

when we got home, instead of me taking her out of the carry box, she jumped out and ran back to her cage

mum gave her a old pillow for her to rest on, with a few pet blankets, she seems to love it and fell asleep after 5mins!

she had a few solid poo after an hour later, but didnt eat anything until 5am, I tempted her with celery, pellets, choi sum and spinach, she managed to eat 2 small leaves of spinach.

her ears were so cold even we had the radiators on, so I held a hot water bottle(with a towl wrapped) near her to heat her up.

she was getting better, started to eat small amount of hay and pellets, but drinking water in the bowl instead of the bottle which she normally would.

I read about other ppl saying their rabbits prefers fresh veg and herbs after op, so I bought a bag of Basil in Tesco to try with.

She was so happy with it, and kept asking for more. :thumb:

she will be back to the vet on Monday for check up, hope she will recover soon! :D

Back