• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby picis Be warned over loaded cuteness!!!

Aw! Cuties. :-D What is it you bed them on, is it just chopped up hay or straw? Looks comfy.

i bed them on woodshavings either minimal dust or hunters if i can get hold of it;) and i buy barley straw bales the buns chew it up into chopped stuff so i dont worry about that it keeps them busy;) and thier teeth in good condition:D

They are beautiful bunnies. Your buns always look very happy and healthy. I am wondering..... you must have contacts for people looking for buns, could you consider fostering/rescuing and re-homeing other bunnies too? I make no secret of the fact that i don't agree with breeding but that said i cannot stop it and don't wish to enter that discussion. I do think however that you may be able to help with the whole unwanted bunny population crisis - have you thought of it?

i do have contacts that do just want to rehome an older bun and disabled buns i also help my friend with her rescue but sadly i dont think i could put my buns at risk of the amount of diseases that can be carried by buns that are of an unknown origin also i really dislike not knowing the backgrounds on the animal i know it sounds a bit cold but i just couldnt put my buns at such a high risk:cry:

i do have contacts that do just want to rehome an older bun and disabled buns i also help my friend with her rescue but sadly i dont think i could put my buns at risk of the amount of diseases that can be carried by buns that are of an unknown origin also i really dislike not knowing the backgrounds on the animal i know it sounds a bit cold but i just couldnt put my buns at such a high risk:cry:

I can kind of understand that. Would you be able to promote the forum and in particular the rabbits in need for re-home section?? I just think that you must have contacts who love bunnies?

I can kind of understand that. Would you be able to promote the forum and in particular the rabbits in need for re-home section?? I just think that you must have contacts who love bunnies?

how would i do this most contacts i have either already have thier buns which they have got from me or are breeders also thier are (SOME) ppl on here who arent the nicest ppl to talk to about breeding so id be shooting myself in the foot in that aspect i always recomend my friends rescue centre if thier after just a bun to love not a specific breed.:D

how would i do this most contacts i have either already have thier buns which they have got from me or are breeders also thier are (SOME) ppl on here who arent the nicest ppl to talk to about breeding so id be shooting myself in the foot in that aspect i always recomend my friends rescue centre if thier after just a bun to love not a specific breed.:D

I don't know how to be honest, as i have said i don't understand breeding, I just feel that there must be some middle ground. Perhaps if people come to you for a bun, then maybe you could also tell them about the thousands of unwanted bunnies for re-home...? This may reduce your re-home but in good way..?? I'm not having a go, i just think that maybe we can work together???

I don't know how to be honest, as i have said i don't understand breeding, I just feel that there must be some middle ground. Perhaps if people come to you for a bun, then maybe you could also tell them about the thousands of unwanted bunnies for re-home...? This may reduce your re-home but in good way..?? I'm not having a go, i just think that maybe we can work together???

usally when ppl approach me for a bun its for a specific breed most the breeds i do arent in rescues and the ones i do i only breed once to twice a year so that i may still carry on showing

usally when ppl approach me for a bun its for a specific breed most the breeds i do arent in rescues and the ones i do i only breed once to twice a year so that i may still carry on showing

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, but if you do find a way to help us - please do.

babyhares019.jpg

more of the sleepy lot:lol:
babyhares004.jpg

babyhares016.jpg

Duchess
babyhares011.jpg

babyhares010.jpg

Kit with his eye not completly open yet

Aww they are just gorgeous!!

Just wondered my 7 baby buns are 17 days old now and have not left the nest.

I took 3 out to clean their sticky eyes and they were all up for adventure but put them back in the hutch and they just went back in the nest, do i need to encourage them out?? Mum is still very protective of them.

xxx

you shouldnt need to clean thier eyes they will open natrally although at 17 days old they should be fully open and tearing around the cage really

Hi

Yes their eys opened at about 10/11 days as usual, they were just a bit sticky from sleep i think. I am going to encourage them out, she had them behind a triangular (unused) litter tray!! i think they need to get moving now. xxx

Aw they are cute:D, where I used to work, they had a Belgian Hare, she was rescued from a meat market in Leicester.... I thought she was gorgeous... maybe one day...:shock::D

Back