• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are your bunnies friends with your cats??

get two kitties..then they have something on their own level to playfight with...mine tried it with bif and scared her silly...after a fortnigh she was breaking up their fights and disciplining them lol

aww that piccy is just gorgeous:love:

bertie and salem tend to sleep next to each toehr but last few cold nights ive found them snuggled up to each other on a fleece rug right next to my bed settee...couldnt find the camera in the dark..darn.

whenever bertie goes to the vets..the cats sniff him from ehad to toe and then salem licks his head and face till he smells like home again:love:

when the cats had their jabs thursday...it was the other way round.

my first house buns was always sneaking some cat biscuits and once a mouthful of felix....she was a teror and would snooze on the window sills with our old cats.

i have my mums bun over here when she needs panacuring and whens he needs nursing etc....last few times she was free range in my bedroom with the doorway penned off as she kept running downstairs!

she adores my cats and vice versa....but she did chase our female cat zuzu last time and sat virtualy wrapped aorund salem...i think it maybe love:love::lol:

then she was playing with them and they showed her a shortcut to the windowsill and she could e seen watching the car headlights..then watching the kids walking home form school across the green..etc...

when she goes home my mum says she looks for the cats..and they look for her but now they seem to know shes just visiting:lol:

the bigger the bun the better i think.....esp frenchies...they just jump on the cats and the cats are scarred for life...or they wash and play with the cats roughly and they both love it.

my old cats loved the lops i had..but our first uppy eared bun they would swat at to chase him away.......but then would sit near him to snooze..when he died..our cats mourned his loss. odd isnt it?

seriously bunnies dont appreciate personal space..but neither do kittens...so it works well.....but i would def recommend two kitties...

I have a group of 8 bunnies who free range the garden all day and 5 cats who have access to the garden 24 hours a day and I have no problems. Some mornings I look out the window and the rabbits are everywhere and the cats are out too and also pigeons on top of the shed eating bird food without a care in the world :lol: that's how much of a threat my cats are!!

Back