• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any bunnies you wish in hindsight you'd adopted, but didn't

Awww, thanks for sharing your unrequited love stories everybun. They've all been really lovely to read:love: It seems we are quite good at not letting our heart rule our head.

Yes! When I was living in the U.S. I was volunteering at a rescue and I fell in love with a bunny called Alfie. I was so crazy in love with him. Me and all the other volunteers put so much effort into trying to bond him with Binky, but I knew going into it that numerous previous bonding attempts with him had failed, and he did have a very interesting personality :lol: and yeah it wasn’t happening, Binky was very happy to meet him but he just didn’t want to know. If I hadn’t of been moving country again I absolutely would have just adopted him anyways, but it was hard enough to consider bringing another bunny into our little family as Binky’s bff and putting them through the journey to Canada. I spent my last month there living in Seattle, about an hour away from the rescue and my previous home, and the day I left I got up so early and drove to my previous home to say goodbye to him. Then drove back to Seattle in tears. Because I’d had him at my home for a few weeks and spent a lot of time volunteering, I’ve got many photos of him and have included them in our family photo album.

I love all of these stories :love:

Yes! When I was living in the U.S. I was volunteering at a rescue and I fell in love with a bunny called Alfie. I was so crazy in love with him. Me and all the other volunteers put so much effort into trying to bond him with Binky, but I knew going into it that numerous previous bonding attempts with him had failed, and he did have a very interesting personality :lol: and yeah it wasn’t happening, Binky was very happy to meet him but he just didn’t want to know. If I hadn’t of been moving country again I absolutely would have just adopted him anyways, but it was hard enough to consider bringing another bunny into our little family as Binky’s bff and putting them through the journey to Canada. I spent my last month there living in Seattle, about an hour away from the rescue and my previous home, and the day I left I got up so early and drove to my previous home to say goodbye to him. Then drove back to Seattle in tears. Because I’d had him at my home for a few weeks and spent a lot of time volunteering, I’ve got many photos of him and have included them in our family photo album.

aww, is that the bunny I uploaded photos of? I'm sorry it wasn't to be

Sometimes you can get lucky in terms of bonding two bunnies, it depends on a lot of factors but from my own experience I once bonded a neutered male with an un-spayed female. They never knew each other and I put them in together. The first 3 days the male would hide away from the other and sometimes there was a bit of nipping but nothing to aggressive and after no less than 5 days they were laying side by side next to each other and eating and drinking together. They were bonded ever since.

People have many ways of bonding bunnies and some techniques work better than others depending on the individual bunnies as each rabbit is different so will need to be paired wisely for it to work.

Back