• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are all uppy ear bunnies...

I'd list it as an unmarked dutch size wise. It has the sweet face of a dutch and is probably the same size guessing from the photo.

Dutch

The woman i got my boys from said they're 'dutch' and they're uppy eared, although Harly has a white ear which is unusual for a dutch so maybe they're crossed :? ? Honey has perfect markings tho, and they're brothers. Also when the vet was registering them in her computer she couldn't find a good colour match to describe Harly as he's sort of greyishy brown, so she put 'chocolate' . The woman also had white bunnies with blue eyes which she said were unusual as normally have pink eyes so maybe she's been doing some experimenting :? :roll: :? :roll:

Re: Dutch

lucyj said:
The woman i got my boys from said they're 'dutch' and they're uppy eared, although Harly has a white ear which is unusual for a dutch so maybe they're crossed :? ? Honey has perfect markings tho, and they're brothers. Also when the vet was registering them in her computer she couldn't find a good colour match to describe Harly as he's sort of greyishy brown, so she put 'chocolate' . The woman also had white bunnies with blue eyes which she said were unusual as normally have pink eyes so maybe she's been doing some experimenting :? :roll: :? :roll:

yours are dutch although harli is quite unusually marked but his clour is agouti and white :D

Is Harly the one of the right? That's sooty fawn... not sure if thet call it the same in dutch bunnies. I think they call the orangy colour, yellow :)

Thanks

Thanks :D, yeah the vet said Honey was 'yellow', she only has about 5 colours in her database for dutch and none of them seemd to fit :roll: , so he's either agouti or sooty faw :D, it's not very clear but on the top right corner photo u can see he has sort of grey markings in amongst the browny colour, looks like he has a grey stripe where the brown meets the white.

I's kinda hard to tell from those pictures. You'll be able to see better looking at his fur. Agouti is wild bunny coloured, each stand of fur is banded different colours, usually grey/white at the base, going to brown and then black at the tip.

rabbit_5514.jpg

Sooty-fawn is a organge brown colour fading to greyish around the edges. It's quite a common lop colour.

rabbit_4244.jpg

Harly

No the individual strands are all 1 colour, they don't change along their length. It's more like what u said, it's brown but around the edges of some of his markings it fades into grey. Thanks. I'm hearing it's got pretty windy so I'm away out to put covers around their hutches :)

Back