• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

April Chez Lopsy & Chibbs

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
April started with snow:

182780705_10104223425165908_3223432192492496727_n.jpg

Lopsy, you're an idiot.

182976850_10104223425026188_8343833766571500924_n.jpg

Chibbs chewed part of the hutch off:

182778950_10104223425265708_5887571808157459679_n.jpg

Culprit, Little Miss ChewChew, wondering where the shelf has gone (it's one of those slide-out ones)

182383783_10104223425330578_2701419764383722493_n.jpg

Chibbs has an interesting moult going on, as do all multitone bunnies :D Here's her Animal Mark, rivalling Joey's:

182966661_10104223425120998_3532172582544898038_n.jpg

I see a cow's head or similar :)

Lopsy is also moulting. Old Man Fluff Monster is getting regular defluffing sessions he mostly isn't keen on. As he's getting older he's getting more matty near his tail, harder to reach i suppose, so i spent a few minutes over a few days removing as much as I could :) He's always got foot mats, he never lets us deal with them (or even touch them) but will chew them out if they get annoying. Here's him at his worst end of April:

182826302_10104223425360518_7333260927793989196_n.jpg

182756254_10104223425385468_7107908885826725017_n.jpg

182820445_10104223425415408_6657179093303330061_n.jpg

But he can still look cute ;P

182069013_10104223425445348_2295790454652108192_n.jpg

Bonus tiny bunny along the canal!

183027499_10104223425220798_3062556110856800029_n.jpg

Veryy cuteee :love:

Don't your rabbits get cold outside? Do they always live outside?

Wow, Chibbs has been busy! :shock: Goodbye, shelf! I see a bull in her fur. Very stylish, Chibbs. :D Speaking of fur, Old Man Fluff Monster. :love: He's very cute, and so is the tiny bunny in the last photo. :love:

Don't your rabbits get cold outside? Do they always live outside?
Until this year they've been fine. Chibs actually got hypothermia in the cold spell we had here in February: she was fine during the previous one (January?) but the second was too much. We caught it very quickly though. It's very common in the UK to have them outside, especially in England and Wales, but it's also personal preference. I wouldn't shame anyone for having house bunnies, because I'd quite like them too, but our house is in no state for house pets, I'm slightly allergic to cats and rabbits (and probably horses but I'm generally outside so it's better!) and every time I've had them inside they are REALLY distracting and I've got too much on to be wondering if they're being silently destructive or noisily destructive :lol: I'll be posting a DIY thread in a bit ;P

That is a moult to be proud of Lopsy :lol: :love:
Much the same today! He was a lot less amenable to my pulling literal handfuls out though: I even got in the run with him (still got it! :lol:) and he was most displeased he couldn't hide at the back :lol: Totally did my knees in today (see also DIY thread shortly :lol:) but worth it to give the poor dude some dignity :lol: As if he knows what that is :lol:

Wow, Chibbs has been busy! :shock: Goodbye, shelf! I see a bull in her fur. Very stylish, Chibbs. :D Speaking of fur, Old Man Fluff Monster. :love: He's very cute, and so is the tiny bunny in the last photo. :love:
Ah, she's chewed the shelf from the underside! It'll go at any time, but it's still functional. I take it out to clean them out :) We loved Tiny Canal Bunny because it'd just sit there, one ear towards us, 6' away, nomnomnomming :D All the little bunnies are really cute at the moment: I don't really find REALLY tiny bunnies cute, but the first above ground ones are my top cuteness factor :D They can put on a hell of a dash if necessary too! In the undergrowth between the canal and a green space/embankment you can't see unless you climb through the undergrowth, there's always little bunnies out for thefirst time near their warren entrances :D We saw three little bunnies outside a nearby one a couple of weeks ago, they didn't know what to make of us :lol: The ones near Boots entrance don't hang around, i think they see more people/dogs.

I have also been mitigating jumps this week: following on from a reader of books' post about Sophie, I moved the cardboard hideaway across so it was easier to get on and off for Old Man Fluff Monster. I dunno if he's used it yet but Chibbs approves! Chibbs (and Aboleth) often dismounts the windowsill by crawling over the hayrack and jumping in the litter tray. I don't recall it being any lower but it might be less skiddy than lino, and less harsh to jump long and down rather than just drop. Lopsy just drops, but I reckon his massive feet are good weight spreaders and cushions. But worth trying to help him if he feels he needs it! I would have used one of their old stools but I can't find them :lol:

Until this year they've been fine. Chibs actually got hypothermia in the cold spell we had here in February: she was fine during the previous one (January?) but the second was too much. We caught it very quickly though. It's very common in the UK to have them outside, especially in England and Wales, but it's also personal preference. I wouldn't shame anyone for having house bunnies, because I'd quite like them too, but our house is in no state for house pets, I'm slightly allergic to cats and rabbits (and probably horses but I'm generally outside so it's better!) and every time I've had them inside they are REALLY distracting and I've got too much on to be wondering if they're being silently destructive or noisily destructive :lol: I'll be posting a DIY thread in a bit ;P

Much the same today! He was a lot less amenable to my pulling literal handfuls out though: I even got in the run with him (still got it! :lol:) and he was most displeased he couldn't hide at the back :lol: Totally did my knees in today (see also DIY thread shortly :lol:) but worth it to give the poor dude some dignity :lol: As if he knows what that is :lol:

Ah, she's chewed the shelf from the underside! It'll go at any time, but it's still functional. I take it out to clean them out :) We loved Tiny Canal Bunny because it'd just sit there, one ear towards us, 6' away, nomnomnomming :D All the little bunnies are really cute at the moment: I don't really find REALLY tiny bunnies cute, but the first above ground ones are my top cuteness factor :D They can put on a hell of a dash if necessary too! In the undergrowth between the canal and a green space/embankment you can't see unless you climb through the undergrowth, there's always little bunnies out for thefirst time near their warren entrances :D We saw three little bunnies outside a nearby one a couple of weeks ago, they didn't know what to make of us :lol: The ones near Boots entrance don't hang around, i think they see more people/dogs.

I have also been mitigating jumps this week: following on from a reader of books' post about Sophie, I moved the cardboard hideaway across so it was easier to get on and off for Old Man Fluff Monster. I dunno if he's used it yet but Chibbs approves! Chibbs (and Aboleth) often dismounts the windowsill by crawling over the hayrack and jumping in the litter tray. I don't recall it being any lower but it might be less skiddy than lino, and less harsh to jump long and down rather than just drop. Lopsy just drops, but I reckon his massive feet are good weight spreaders and cushions. But worth trying to help him if he feels he needs it! I would have used one of their old stools but I can't find them :lol:

Oh, ok i understand. I live in a warm country. In our culture, we think children get cold when the house is 20 degrees.

When i first bought my bunny, I was constantly afraid of his cold. We got a degree in his room immediately, and his room was 24 degrees. But I still believed you were cold. :lol:

I will also give you a funny piece of information. Turkey is a Mediterranean country. In our culture, children are dressed like cabbage in winter. In winter, children are dressed in snow suits. They wear a scarf, hat, and gloves. :lol: Kids go out like astronauts outside. When the child falls on the ground, he cannot get up hahhaa :lol: We are a nation that is very afraid of the cold :lol: :lol:

Oh, I see! I'm glad the shelf is still functional for now. :) The Tiny Canal Bunny sounds so cute. :love: The bunnies that are exploring for the first time sound so cute, too. It must be really weird to them to suddenly see big, strangely shaped humans! :lol:

I'm glad Chibbs approves of the changes you made for Lopsy. That makes sense that jumping in the litter tray would be an easier landing than just dropping down. Hopefully Lopsy's big feet help make his landings easier, too, when he simply drops down like that. But, yeah, it'll be good for him to have the option of an easier jump. :D

Back