• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any positive sibling pairings?

lolasuggs

New Kit
So if you read my other thread youll see why im asking - but I just wondered if anyone had had 2 sisters from the same litter that had successfully ended up as bonded? How likely is it? I want to manage my expectations really and work out what to do if they really dont want to live together (could they live side by side if not together) that sort of thing. Any advice at all on bonded 2 female siblings would be very much appreciated.

I had two female sisters who were the closest bond I've ever seen, but they were already bonded when I got them, and they started to fall out so I got them spayed fast and then they were absolutely fine!

Female bonds are probably the most fragile normally though. I recently lost one of the sisters and I've just got a male for the remaining sister, I think male and female pairs work best as a rule.

I had 2 sisters who remained bonded despite hormonal issues through puberty. Early spay done on them both at the same time was key. I eventually bonded them as a quad to my other pair, they were brothers.

I had 2 litter brothers who were never apart and there was never an issue with their bond. They were also part of a trio for a while.
I've not had any others that were litter siblings.

I had two female sisters who were the closest bond I've ever seen, but they were already bonded when I got them, and they started to fall out so I got them spayed fast and then they were absolutely fine!

Female bonds are probably the most fragile normally though. I recently lost one of the sisters and I've just got a male for the remaining sister, I think male and female pairs work best as a rule.

Agree with this :thumb:

I adopted a female pair from a rescue who were already spayed. They had a lovely bond.

I now have 3 m/f pairs. All very loved up.

my first rabbits (before i knew any better) were unspayed sisters. they got along great except in spring fever time.

my first rabbits (before i knew any better) were unspayed sisters. they got along great except in spring fever time.

actually Bob had 2 sisters that can't have been spayed & apparently they were fine. they must have been really lucky as they lived til 11 +12, you'd have thought uterine cancer would have taken one on probability alone

Back