• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another wildie baby.- latest u/d post 29.

Aw!! Good luck. I hopehe makes it. Thank goodness he came to someone who has a clue. Well done. My thoughts are with you and the tiny one. Xx

I've now got some cimicat, do I make it up to the strength on the tub or different for bunnies.

It's opened an eye today!

I seem to remember it needs to be stronger.

Cotton tails have a really good article on their website on how to syringe feed a baby rabbit. I used that when I hand reared a litter.

Good luck.

I hope people on here understand why I am calling the bun 'it'. I don't know what sex it is and I don't want to name it because the chances of survival are thin and I'll trying to protect myself!

Baby bunny is still with us!
its eyes are open and it is much more active, just did a pee when I put it back after a feed, the first time I've seen it do one. So everything seems to be working as it should. I've just changed over to cimicat so I hope it doesn't upset anything but it has survived being dragged from the nest, a soaking and being fed goats milk for 2 days so I hope it will cope with this now.
I'm going to clean out a small zoozone for it because its wanting to move and if it is to survive it also needs to build up muscles. It almost looks like it has doubled in size since Sunday!

That great to know, thank for replying- I'll go and double the dose required. Did you feed it that strength until weaned or did you weaken as he got older?

I'm gutted to say that Sparrow was found dead this afternoon. She was spayed and bonded to Hugo and they lived happily together for a couple if years. I found her behind the litter tray, she are her breakfast like normal so I have no idea what happened. I devastated to say the least, she was only 3.

I'm so very sorry :cry:

She was so lucky that she found her way to you and had a wonderful few years xxx

I'm gutted to say that Sparrow was found dead this afternoon. She was spayed and bonded to Hugo and they lived happily together for a couple if years. I found her behind the litter tray, she are her breakfast like normal so I have no idea what happened. I devastated to say the least, she was only 3.

It's fair to say she lived a lot longer with you than she likely would as a wild rabbit :) You gave her a wonderful time, I am sure

Back