• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another secondtimer

snowbunny

New Kit
hi everyone. I have re-joined after loosing my login details ( a long time ago!)
I now have 6 rabbits and will post photos later they are Duncan, Daisy and Buttercup who are all angoras . This is why I got rabbits again after many years because I spin so couldn't have sheep so had an angora, but then became aware of the huge rescue problems with rabbits so also have Stanley and Lily and house rabbit Harvey (he is the Snowbunny)
All are neutered and in groups - the three fluffy ones live together in a large shed and Stan and Lil have a smaller shed, still plenty of room but Stan has to be the most idle rabbit in the world and Lily is "getting on a bit now" They are totally in love which is a good thing as his original partner Ruby died nearly two years ago.
I try my best to give my rabbits the best life possible, they also have very large runs to go out in good weather where even Stan occasionally summons up the energy to binky.
Harvey is the latest addition, a REW lionhead lop I think ( I look on websites but get upset as too many are selling) He is partially sighted and was ignored in rescue as he just sat scanning all the time and looked like he had brain damage/ EC. That was just to pull at my heart strings as he soon came out of his shell ( was he depressed?) and now is a normal rabbit except for the sight problems. I am aware that he might go on to have problems but fingers crossed.

I hope no one minds that I have angoras, I came to rabbits this time only because I spin, because of them I have in total rescued six other rabbits ( three since gone to the bridge) . I get them from a friend who breeds in very limited quantities just enough to keep the breed going. I recognize the dilemma though. I also did all the "keeping rabbits the wrong way" 20 years ago and 40 years ago, and beat myself up for it on a regular basis, but all I can do now is my best to look after my own rabbits and encourage others to do the same.

:wave: I'd love to see photos of your bunny family.

I have a REW lop Boo who has similar eyesight issues. She spooks easily but only scans excessively outside of her familiar environment. She is very brave & adventurous with it, nothing holds Boo back. I don't know if you're concerned about EC but Frances Harcourt - Brown says she doesnt feel there is a link between it & scanning - its just an albino thing & the way cones are lined up in their eyes

P1030325_zps1fefaf59.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Stanley. About 5 years now he was part of a massive RSPCA rescue as a kit and hand reared he is the only rabbit I know who really wants to be picked up and loved:D

Well it has taken me about half and hour to upload one photo old photo from photobucket and it will have to do for now.
Is photobucket still what people use now, it's like watching paint dry for me tonight. I have some old photos on it,but will need to add the new rabbits so it might be quite a while till I get them on. There's no heating on in this room so it will have to wait a bit!

16174638_984087068390464_7187436592464968961_n.jpg

15319041_946661065466398_3526272894899505314_n.jpg

Harvey, sadly he is not that photogenic I think because his eyes are fairly deep set. However he is very cute- that said I strongly disapprove of this type of breeding which gives an animal who is more than likely to have dental and other issues due to the facial characteristics.
Your words are reassuring joey and boo, I think the eyes are not in the correct place for a rabbit either which does not help with vision.

Last edited:
Back