• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and now there are three

Beth have any of your Rabbits every had symptoms of Snuffles ?
Pasteurellosis, one of the bacteria that can cause Snuffles, can also cause abscesses to form inside the body, including on the heart and lungs. These abscesses can be responsible for a 'sudden death' of a previously apparently healthy Rabbit. So it *might* not be VHD
Without a PM you wont know for sure what has happened :cry:

Janex

so sorry to hear this. maybe you should focus on the three remaining buns you have and not get any more buns. i have two and thats enough work for me and i'm much older than you.

Dont worry about what they said ^^^ Just enjoy your buns and i hope your buns dont get illfated again.

Really sorry. I know what its like to lose a bun suddenly, I lost dylan within a few hours to a undetected heart defect so i know its hard. But to lose three in such a short time is horrible. Wishing you the best xx

P.S if you think about getting some more even in a few days, dont feel guilty that you may have forgot those you have lost, its just your yearning to care for more. When i lost Dylan i only lasted 4 weeks and i had to adopt another, even though i had 6 others. It just leaves a void.

i wasn't getting at beth, just some a comment. sometimes if you focus on what you have it helps getting over what you've lost

I'm so sorry Beth:(
Having lost 2 buns myself to VHD I can understand the worry you are going through at this time, worrying if the others will be ok, worrying if it is VHD and not knowing what will happen.
Hopefully the remaining 3 will be ok, my vet really believes that vaccinating in the face of the disease saved the other 4 in my family group from dying. I would advise you to do your big clean out/disinfection regime again. Do they all have lots of furniture in their playhouses? I would get rid of it all. My group had hutches, toys, chews, tree stumps, pipes, allsorts in their shed and I burnt it all and they lived in a bare, furnitureless shed until I was sure they were safe and the infection was gone. The spores can live a long time in wood and we all know how hard it is to well disinfect wood, I felt sorry for my buns with no furniture, toys or anything to do during that time but they were all material things, I still have my buns and they now have all new furniture and toys.

P.S if you think about getting some more even in a few days, dont feel guilty that you may have forgot those you have lost, its just your yearning to care for more. When i lost Dylan i only lasted 4 weeks and i had to adopt another, even though i had 6 others. It just leaves a void.

Beth has said she wont be getting any more rabbits for the forseeable future and unless a PM shows VHD ( or another lethal illness) is not the cause there is no way any other rabbits should be brought into this potentially deadly environment for some time.

Oh no.. Beth i am so sorry to hear this :cry: Binky free Blue
Hugs to you Beth.. i hope your other 3 rabbits remain well

Back