• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amelia, Annabelle & Maddie - U/D 22/9 all now eating & pooing!!! Hooray!

Hi guys, sorry I've only just had chance to update you - been a bit of a busy old night here.

All the girls came through their ops fine & are all back home with us. Maddie has come round really well & has munched through quite a bit of veg & done me lots of nice poo's :) She also had to have some small spurs burred down on her bottom teeth, but touchwood at the moment seems to be doing ok ish.

Annabelle is still very quiet & hasn't eaten or poo'd yet :( She also had to have her bottom teeth burred :? Jane said her womb & uterus had started to show signs of thickening, but that we had caught things in time before they started to turn.

However Amelia is concerning me at the moment :( Before she was speyed this morning, we decided that the best thing for us to do would be to x-ray her first. Over the weekend she had started weeing herself & this morning she was soaked through with urine when I picked her up :? We also knew that potentially she might have a problem with her back or legs, as she hasn't been hopping properly or adopting the right position to wee :? The xray should that Amelia has really bad arthritis in her knee joints & they have little spurs coming off the joints. She also has spondylosis of the spine - which means her back isn't curving properly.

We agreed however that we needed to go ahead with speying Amelia, even though we knew this - as she is the more dominant one of the 2 girls & is forever humping Annabelle :? Amelia is going to be on metacam for the foreseable future for her arthritic pain. Jane also found that she had got thickening of the womb & uterus as well.

She is very, very quiet now & hasn't eaten or poo'd at all :( I must admit I am worried about our little lady, as I know at 5 years old it might take her longer to get over this than younger buns. I'm just praying it's not all been too much for her, given the other problems she's got - :? I don't feel we had any option but to spey her, due to how bad her hormones were - but it doesn't stop me wondering 'what if' looking at how she is now :?

Thanks for all your vibes so far guys, any extra vibes you have for our girls would be appreciated please xxx

Lots of vibes for your girls, from mine. I just hope Bluebelle's is plain sailing. I will make a point of them checking her teeth whilst she is under though

loads of get well bunny vibes xxxxxx my daisy was spayed today and i was a nervous wreck! She is eating but not pooed or weed yet. :?

Sending more vibes for your little girls xx
Please stop wondering 'what if'; spaying the girls has saved their lives.

I am sorry they are not quite recovering as well as you hoped. You definately made the right decision. Her constant humping will only put more pressure on her weakened joints and so not speying her would cause more damage in the long run.

Loads of vibes for all 3 girlies!!! I am away in Paris all week so will pm you my mobile so you can let me know how they are getting on! Will worry about them all week otherwise! lol

loads of get well bunny vibes xxxxxx my daisy was spayed today and i was a nervous wreck! She is eating but not pooed or weed yet. :?

I know how you feel - lots of vibes for Daisy to be pooing & weeing soon for you xx

Thanks guys for all your vibes, we really do appreciate them.

I know in my heart we were right to spey Amelia, as she couldn't carry on as she was & you're right Rach, the constant humping of Annabelle was doing her no favours.

Will get Amelia on a heat pad Jane & get some fluids into her - I've no doubt we'll be going back to the vets first thing tomorrow. I've booked tomorrow off work in case & so I can be with them all day.

Last edited:
You have definately done the right thing, I'm so glad that you fell for these 2 girls, I dread to think how she would have been after another winter in the rescue, sending loads of vibes for them all - will be thinking of you tomorrow (you already have my mobile):roll: Rach and I are like Aunties:lol:

You have definately done the right thing, I'm so glad that you fell for these 2 girls, I dread to think how she would have been after another winter in the rescue, sending loads of vibes for them all - will be thinking of you tomorrow (you already have my mobile):roll: Rach and I are like Aunties:lol:

Me too Sue :) Fingers crossed they've both now got quite a lot of happy times ahead of them :)

Will let Auntie Sue & Auntie Rach know how their bunny 'neices' are doing tomorrow :)

Thanks for asking Sarah & Jane - Amelia still hasn't eaten or poo'd, but she's being her usual grumpy self - so I'm hoping that's a good sign :? She is a lot brighter than last night - so hopefully she will start to pick up as the day goes on.

I'm going to ring the vets at 8.30am to get her & Annabelle in for a check, as Annabelle hasn't eaten or poo'd either :? Annabelle has also been making a chattering noise with her teeth, which I'm thinking means she is in pain again :( Hopefully after seeing Jane again, she'll too pick up during the day.

Maddie bless her is scoffing & pooing like a good un!! :D You wouldn't even know she'd had a big op. She's just been giving the me evil eye though for being kept in her cage :roll:

Will let you know how we go on xx

Well both girls have been back to the vets this morning & are now eating finally :) Not massive amounts, but they are eating enough & have passed some poo's :D Amelia is having a bit of difficulty moving about, but given how bad her arthritis is & being speyed, I'm not surprised.

Thanks again for the vibes, the girls say 'fank you all vewy much' :) xxx

Back