• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I an ******* for selling my pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same reason when someone you like rejects you you decide to find someone else. It's better to have a fresh start with a younger rabbit who hasn't formed an impression of me yet. It's a second chance to bond.

rejected by a rabbit.... boohoo

if you're not joking then please rehome your rabbit as you don't deserve him, and don't get anymore. you have to work hard to get that bond and you obviously can't be bothered. :(

I think you will be shocked by the strength of opinions on this forum. Whilst the forum itself isn't a pro rescue one, a lot of of the users are either involved in rescue or support rescue. When you spend your life trying to help these wonderful animals it feels like a kick in the teeth when someone sees them as disposable.

If your relationship with your rabbit isn't what you want then maybe a rabbit isn't the pet for you? Rabbits are a prey animal and as such to earn a rabbits trust is a special thing, they don't give it easily and it takes a lot of time and patience. If you aren't willing to put the time in then any future rabbit you get will likely end up in the same position. Rabbits aren't normally cuddly, they like their feet firmly on the floor, yes there are exceptions but they are few and far between.

As for not neutering because you feel it has spoiled your currant rabbit, that really doesn't make sense. Many entire males get very very frustrated. They smell more, spray, can be aggressive and are just generally more stressed out as they have natural instincts and no outlet :(. Plus it means they are going to have to spend their whole life as a single bun, not really in the best interests of the bun.

If you really want another rabbit, would you consider a rescue? That way you could find a bun that has the temperament you want, something that is not guaranteed from buying a baby.

As for me personally, would I ever sell a pet because they aren't cuddly enough for me and I wanted a new one? Err no, all my pets are in their forever homes and that is final, they are not disposable and I would not dream of treating them as belongings rather than living beings!!!

I think the answer to your thread title is "yes"

Although I do respect people who know they are not caring for an animal as well as they can, finding ways to make their lives better I do not agree with then getting anoter animal. Let your current bun have a chance of a good life and then get yourself a cuddly toy!

The weird thing is, they said they "only" spend several hours a day with the bunny. Several hours a day is a lot. And then the fact that they won't get a future bun neutered, yet they wanted this bun to go to a home with a doe so it wouldn't be lonely? If you can "only" spend several hours a day with the new bun and don't get it neutered so it can have a friend it will also be bored and lonely. The situation wouldn't change at all.

I still think they're definitely a troll that has obviously read a few threads on here and has a vague idea about rabbits and about what members here don't like (people getting rid of pets, not neutering, buying rabbits). But if not they're very confused.

I'd be willing to bet this person has spent some time on this forum, either as a past member or lurking. Their posts seem to be pretty knowing in how to get the people here riled up :roll:

I think you will be shocked by the strength of opinions on this forum. Whilst the forum itself isn't a pro rescue one, a lot of of the users are either involved in rescue or support rescue. When you spend your life trying to help these wonderful animals it feels like a kick in the teeth when someone sees them as disposable.

If your relationship with your rabbit isn't what you want then maybe a rabbit isn't the pet for you? Rabbits are a prey animal and as such to earn a rabbits trust is a special thing, they don't give it easily and it takes a lot of time and patience. If you aren't willing to put the time in then any future rabbit you get will likely end up in the same position. Rabbits aren't normally cuddly, they like their feet firmly on the floor, yes there are exceptions but they are few and far between.

As for not neutering because you feel it has spoiled your currant rabbit, that really doesn't make sense. Many entire males get very very frustrated. They smell more, spray, can be aggressive and are just generally more stressed out as they have natural instincts and no outlet :(. Plus it means they are going to have to spend their whole life as a single bun, not really in the best interests of the bun.

If you really want another rabbit, would you consider a rescue? That way you could find a bun that has the temperament you want, something that is not guaranteed from buying a baby.

As for me personally, would I ever sell a pet because they aren't cuddly enough for me and I wanted a new one? Err no, all my pets are in their forever homes and that is final, they are not disposable and I would not dream of treating them as belongings rather than living beings!!!

:thumb:

trolls.gif

If not a troll please don't get any more rabbits, they're not the pet for you. Unneutered bucks can be hormonal, territorial and as he'd be alone most of the day he'll also be frustrated and bored. Not easy to bond with a bun like that!

I'm glad your bun is getting a good new home. But I think you making 100 bucks out of it is pretty despicable to be honest.

Someone who finally talks some sense.

Yes, this may be a troll, but it may not be, and equally, even if it is, in the future someone who does genuinely need help may read this thread and either not post, or just do their own thing, due to the replies on here. Personally, I would not want that on my conscience.

OP, your bunny is not rejecting you in the way you talk about people rejecting you and then moving onto others. Do you have issues with feeling/being rejected? And potentially even abandonment?

From the point of view regarding this rabbit, the rabbit is not rejecting you, you are actually rejecting the rabbit. The rabbit is not the one who needs to change because he's ok. You're the one who needs to work and earn his trust and as you work to earn his trust, you will find that his bond with you gets stronger. This might be useful. However, it is important to acknowledge that chances are he can never be what you want, which, again, is not his issue, but yours.

Equally, you might have decided that rabbits are not the right pet and species for you because of the 'limitations' their instincts have on how they act and interact. In which case, it might be sensible to maybe work with a rescue to ensure that he gets placed in a suitable home and that he won't be passed on again and again. You won't, however, make a profit that way, but your bunny will have his needs better met.

I personally wouldn't advise you getting another bunny, however, if you did then I echo Hele's advice. If you go to a pet shop or a breeder and buy a young rabbit, then you don't know what will happen when hormones arrive (which could be aggression, and then the same cycle starts again). If you went to a rescue, then they potentially, would be able to match a rabbit to your needs. There are some very soft and soppy rabbits there that go against what their breed says they should be, so you would have the best chance of having one who meets your needs, and equally, the bunny would have the best chance fo success at being in a home where s/he is loved and accepted for who s/he is. A rescue rabbit should also be neutered/spayed at time of adoption and if you chose to have a rabbit and keep him in a frustrated state just for your benefit- that would be pretty cruel, to be honest. So having a spayed/neutered rabbit that fits into your home is infinitely better.

Ultimately though, whilst we often have pets for our own gains, we have to be able to accept our pet for who they are otherwise the relationship won't work, and this is likely where you are going wrong- you're not accepting your bunny for who he is, and that problem, is something that only you can change.

:lol::lol::lol: this is hilarious!
At least make it more realistic....someones buying him for £100?? At least make it £20 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back