• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alternatives to Hutches

Not yet, I could do some at some point. Its nothing special really, I divided the shed into two with a wall made of a wooden frame and metal netting with a door in it. They have quite a large hutch on bricks and space for them to run around outside the hutch. I found that they were on the roof of the hutch alot (god knows how they got up there because with the bricks it is quite high for them to jump), so I got this fabric tube thing from pets at home and attached it to the roof and to the floor so now they can run up and down the tube to get to and from the hutch roof. The underfloor heating consists of 3 heated pads with armoured leads stuck to the base of the hutch, they are very cheap to run and dont get too hot. I have the heating connected to a device that detects sunlight and automatically turns on at night and off in the day.

GringoPete said:
Not yet, I could do some at some point. Its nothing special really, I divided the shed into two with a wall made of a wooden frame and metal netting with a door in it. They have quite a large hutch on bricks and space for them to run around outside the hutch. I found that they were on the roof of the hutch alot (god knows how they got up there because with the bricks it is quite high for them to jump), so I got this fabric tube thing from pets at home and attached it to the roof and to the floor so now they can run up and down the tube to get to and from the hutch roof. The underfloor heating consists of 3 heated pads with armoured leads stuck to the base of the hutch, they are very cheap to run and dont get too hot. I have the heating connected to a device that detects sunlight and automatically turns on at night and off in the day.

WOW that is one great bunny shed, I look forward to seeing the pictures when you take some :p :p

I'd love to see the tube connecting them to the top of the hutch, my bun keeps getting stuck on top and seems unwilling to jump down :? Any tips on how you connected it?

ps I want your shed/run too :lol:

I have started a new thread in stories and photos, titled 'More photos of Barnie and Dominoes Home' with new photos, as I feel I have hijacked this thread enough!

Back