• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please regarding hay and chemicals

Aaawww Grace - any thoughts yet? I'm so sorry about all this :(
Ah don't be! Its just stuff

I contacted Timothyhay.co.uk like you suggested, they said they couldn't comment whether or not it's safe, but the bags are breathable - I wasn't expecting any other response honestly so that's okay.

I'm just gunna dump it all, I've got a busy weekend ahead so not sure when but I'm not going to store new hay in there anyway til after roof is finally sorted.

Not going to reorder anything fancy either til after roof is sorted because the shed is the only other place I can store stuff and it's not got a load of free space.

I'm hoping the new bale of fitch will be okay, I was carrying it in there when I noticed the smell, and I stupidly left it in the garage for about 10 mins, before I brought it out, it is double wrapped in plastic so hoping it's okay, otherwise I'll have to go get some carefresh and that's expensive [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Can you leave it outside for a few days to air out and see if the smell goes? If the good weather holds up, it is worth a go. Stuff in bags (eg the litter) or that was in the middle of a stack would probably be ok if left out with plenty of ventilation for a while, especially if it isn't going to be eaten. Then you need to thing about where to store all the supplies as the garage will also need airing out before you use it again.

Yea I just don't think I wanna risk it tbh. Well the smells completely gone now, I left the doors open all night, this morning no smell really, and the rest of the roofing job doesn't require more of this stuff as far as I'm aware so hopefully it'll be okay now.

Going to store new stuff in shed temporarily :)

Ah don't be! Its just stuff

I contacted Timothyhay.co.uk like you suggested, they said they couldn't comment whether or not it's safe, but the bags are breathable - I wasn't expecting any other response honestly so that's okay.

I'm just gunna dump it all, I've got a busy weekend ahead so not sure when but I'm not going to store new hay in there anyway til after roof is finally sorted.

Not going to reorder anything fancy either til after roof is sorted because the shed is the only other place I can store stuff and it's not got a load of free space.

I'm hoping the new bale of fitch will be okay, I was carrying it in there when I noticed the smell, and I stupidly left it in the garage for about 10 mins, before I brought it out, it is double wrapped in plastic so hoping it's okay, otherwise I'll have to go get some carefresh and that's expensive [emoji38]

Dumping it will also be a nightmare, won't it?
Can you use some as compost in the garden or will it all have to go to the tip?

Dumping it will also be a nightmare, won't it?
Can you use some as compost in the garden or will it all have to go to the tip?
Oh yea.. Gunna have to load up the car and go to the tip.. And no unfortunately compost is full there's just so much of it

I have to got to the tip with all my animal waste once a week anyway - which is normally like 10 black bags full - as my dad has issue with putting it out for bin day anyway.. So it's just a double load this week I guess

Oh yea.. Gunna have to load up the car and go to the tip.. And no unfortunately compost is full there's just so much of it

I have to got to the tip with all my animal waste once a week anyway - which is normally like 10 black bags full - as my dad has issue with putting it out for bin day anyway.. So it's just a double load this week I guess

Oh dear :(

Back