• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on runs sought?

Livi

Alpha Buck
Advice on Runs

I am currently borrowing our neighbours run for Pip, and also leaving her an hour or so of an evening in one of the small pyramid style runs – as she likes to have a chilled out grazing session every so often.

I need to buy Pip her own run, but I just cannot decide which one. I found one which I really like http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info.php?products_id=3728 (lovely height & it measures 8ft x 8ft which is Fab for Pip!), but when I posted on here people did say it wasn’t very secure – even with the netting on top. So I was thinking of maybe trying out a secure tarpaulin or heavy duty plastic netting (the strong sort)?

Or maybe this http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638 ?

I could always get a wooden version? But for some reason I prefer the metal ones (hygiene purposes).

What runs do people recommend/opinions on the above? I would need it to be a foldable one. It doesn’t matter about if it has wind/rain/sun protection or not or a shelter etc as I can buy these separately.

Thanks xx

I've just bought the trixie one and i have the house as well. I'm happy with it and thinking of getting another one to make it even bigger. Should have got the sunscreen as well but am making do with an old towel at the minute. Having the enclosed top means i'm happy to leave them in it when i'm not at home.

Good to hear the Trixie one comes recommended.
So just to confirm - Is it possible to buy two and make them into one big run? Or do they not work like that?

I have the Trixie 216cm one, and I love it, as do the bunnies! It is possible to add two together, I know someone on here has. I am going to do the same if I can convince my Dad to let me take up the garden :)

Here's mine to give you an idea of size...they are medium bunnies.
4383602830_06cc86b3c3_b.jpg

4383631532_7f1dce232c_b.jpg

It's also secure, mine are out all day in it, in an unenclosed garden, and I have had no troubles at all! Of course, my dogs keep watch of my bunnies and would chase away anything that did try and hurt them ;)

Ooo the ones with the metal roof look good! Think i will probably go for one of them :) On my lunch break I will have a good ol' browse *exciting* love buying for Pip!:love:

The problem with the ones which do not have lids are that they are not predator proof. You are better getting one which is covered.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=812&pf_id=8203 two of these put together make an excellent covered run

This is exactly what I have, putting 2 together crates a nice long run for a good hop about! One word of warning: do use an dog clip on the main door as Barley somehow managed to escape!!!

Happy shopping.

Hannah :)

Sarah - Are those runs collapsable to fold away when not in use?

I have whittled it down to a few now...

The run that Happysaz has suggested, which measures approx 7"x3" & is just over 2 ft high. Think they are about 60ish pounds plus delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-GUINEA...t=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item45f3e56338 which would be about £80 all in. Although I have seen same one for £70 & there are some I could bid on & may get cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Chicken-R...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item335eeccea6 Similar to the 1st one - but slightly diff dimensions, this is 5.9"x4" & just over 2 ft high. which would be about £60 all in.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4ft-x-4ft-rab...pplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item7dbaec1d89 Buying 2 of these to make an 8 x 4 run - prob be about £70ish all in.

I have contacted a few sellers of some of the above first - as I want to know if they are fold away when not in use - I know the wooden one is - but unsure about the others.

Opinions? Sorry I am very very close now to making a decision - I know I have probably driven everybody on here mad!

Last edited:
I also have this run, well two but one is slightly different. They're great. One is perminent and I have attached mesh to the bottom to prevent digging out and mores to the point digging in!! The other is used both in the garden and indoors so is put up and colapsed quite alot, it can be clumsey to fold away and put back together and as we have done ours so many times a couple of the clips that hold the panels together have bent and worked loose, so just something to look out for. We have wired the side doors shut and just use the top ones to gain access, can never be too security minded:lol:. Have a good look on e-bay, someone is selling the x-large one for £59 free p&p or they were when I looked last, if I come across it again i'll let you know. Happy shopping:lol:

I have bid for a large trixie run :D Woo! 1 day left in auction - Hope I win :lol:
Where can I get a sunshade? & what sort of bits & bobs shall I put in her run to make it fun?

I am getting this first & then I plan to get Pip a second run to attach....as soon as I can!

I am so excited - I won :D I have got Pip a brand new run today its a Rectangle Trixie Outdoor Run 216cm x 116cm x 65cm….Its the first time I have ever won a bid on ebay too! Normally I just opt for buy it now items :)

I think I got a real bargain, it was £42.00 (inc £8 p&p), I think they are normally about £60.

Its brand new, and although sold by ‘zoopets’ as a second, it is as far as they are aware un-used and they could not find any faults, it was returned unwanted, not faulty – and I therefore am happy to take a chance at £42 anyway :) They have lots of good feedback so I am pretty sure they are good sellers!

Cant wait till it arrives...soooo excited :love:

I am so excited - I won :D I have got Pip a brand new run today its a Rectangle Trixie Outdoor Run 216cm x 116cm x 65cm….Its the first time I have ever won a bid on ebay too! Normally I just opt for buy it now items :)

I think I got a real bargain, it was £42.00 (inc £8 p&p), I think they are normally about £60.

Its brand new, and although sold by ‘zoopets’ as a second, it is as far as they are aware un-used and they could not find any faults, it was returned unwanted, not faulty – and I therefore am happy to take a chance at £42 anyway :) They have lots of good feedback so I am pretty sure they are good sellers!

Cant wait till it arrives...soooo excited :love:

Well done! Funnily enough, my new one arrived today as well. Exact same. You got a great deal too! Remember, we need pics when she's in it!

Back