• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on best height for pen please

Saucepot

Alpha Buck
I want to get a pen for Sophie so that she can still excercise indoors when I have visitors etc (worried she may get walked on otherwise) but unsure as to which height would be best so she cant jump over. She is a lop and only 3 1/2 months at the moment but have to think about when she is bigger of course!

So 30" high or 36" high?, am erring on the higher one but dont know how high they can jump :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=380099086507&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=025

I'd say the taller the better.....if on carpet my dwarf lop can jump the normal puppy panels (about 2 1/2 foot) so if you can find any three foot grab 'em. Are you sure you need them though? Unless I was having a house party I'm pretty happy with my friends being around my bunnies.....if there is a chance that people are getting drunk the bunnies are shut off in a separate room & guests warned to stay away.

Thanks, I thought the higher the better! It is more my sons school friends I am thinking of. Younger children seem unaware of animals around them and she may get trodden on-I would rather be safe than sorry :shock:

Haha, as high as possible?? Rabbits love to escape. One of mine is more cat that rabbit I think. He can jump up and balance on the corner of his pen:shock: (about 3ft/36ins high) and then jump down again and make his escape. And he's TINY. Depends on whether your bun likes to jump:)

:shock: so even higher that 3 foot do you think? so far she seems to like jumping on and off her box :love:

:shock: ok, he has ones 42" high (3 1/2 foot) and I have laminate flooring so hopefully that will be tall enough :D

Back